Lost my umf!

Options
I was doing really well until the doctor changed my thyroid meds. Seems I was "feeling good" from too much artificial hormone. It was reduced 2 time in 6 months. Now the doc is trying to balance out my system with upping my antidepressants. SLOWLY it seems to be improving but the desire to overeat is so much stronger that I have begun to gain my weight back. I still have 50 lbs. that I could lose. I'm so disheartened. Anyone out there that has found their way back for encouragement?
Thanks.

Replies

• hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me too! I was diagnosed hypothyroid last summer. That summer I put on 25 lbs really quickly without really changing my habits. I got diagnosed hypothyroid and got on synthroid. I don't think I'm on enough but my Dr. says my levels are fine. I have never been able to feel like I used to feel. It's such a bummer. I find it very hard to stay motivated. I feel like I work twice as hard as I did before for every pound lost.

I totally understand. We have to keep trying though! We can do this, but it's just going to be a little harder than it used to be. Hang in there.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Sometimes it helps to know you'ree not alone. It seems so hard to get back in the groove.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I suffer from a lack of energy due to my thyroid levels, taking vitamin D helps! But I too have settled into a slump the last couple weeks, part mental part thyroid levels.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling like that, ready to quit, honestly. Until I took some progress pics. Really puts it into focus, why I'm doing this and how far I've come... Do I really want to go back? Not really... so I have to keep moving forward. Hope your doctor works out your meds and you renew your motivation! You can do this.