Is it better to exercise in the morning?

Options
Does it make you feel more energetic all day?
Does anyone know if there has been actual testing done to see if it's beneficial to weight loss?
Let me know what you think guys, i'm trying to change my schedule around so i am trying figure out the best way to go about it. With the help of MFP experienced members :)

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Workout when YOU feel like it. Some people like doing it in the morning, some others at night
    I lift on an empty stomach in the morning, but when I run it has to be at night when I had enough food to fuel my run.

It's a matter of personal preference only
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the morning... most days. But it does get it over and done with, and the evening is free to do as you please. I tend to feel more awake and energized when I work out in the mornings, but I think as long as you are active at some point in the day, you're doing your body good.

Just move when you feel like moving, but definitely move.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run in the morning on a empty stomach. Will eat something lite if going more than 5mi though.

I lift in the afternoon. Tried on a empty stomach and it wasn't for me.

Do what works for YOU OP.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning because it (more or less) guarantees that it actually gets done. :)
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Any Exercise is good exercise. When people talk about going in the morning it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. In the morning you need to remember that your body has a certain amount of glycogen to expend. If that glycogen store gets expended during the night repairing hurt muscle from previous exercise; you may not have any energy for the morning work out.

On the other side if you are not going to be to intense you won't need to be worried about the bonk and you can go at it. Typically your body will be forced to use fat stores as fuel.

When I go in the morning I like to make it a light workout, and it is not going to be my only workout of the day. Just a little quick run or something to get the heart pumping and the blood flowing.