Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

question for serenity

Options
kathyvdh
kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
Hi Serenity,

I read the following from your profile.

RECENTLY I LOST 18 LBS AT A PROGRAM CALLED HEALTHY WEIGHT AT THE HOSPITAL I WORK AT.. BUT THE PROGRAM ENDS FEB 23. I WANT TO CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT AND USE WHAT I LEARNED

Could you tell us a little about the program you used at the hospital where you work? Maybe it would give us all some help. I am having a frustrating day today. Looking for food constantly. I finally started washing the walls and painting my exercise room to keep me away from the kitchen. I thought you might have some good advice for all of us. Thanks, Kathy

Replies

• vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I recently learned there's actually a word for resurrecting long dead threads but I can't remember what it is
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Was this meant to be a reply to another thread?

ETA: Nevermind. This 10-year-old post just mysteriously appeared at the top of the board.

ETA: Nope. I just hit the "last page" button by accident. Yikes.

:D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Funny!! There is an Apple cider vinegar ad at the bottom of this page as I type this. Did you resurrect this as well? ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »
    I recently learned there's actually a word for resurrecting long dead threads but I can't remember what it is

74o3echr1qam.gif
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahaha

74o3echr1qam.gif

"The Walking Thread"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

74o3echr1qam.gif

"The Walking Thread"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, aren't we feeling clever tonight.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Thank you. I'll be here all week...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll be here all week...
    xczfhyaynacd.gif

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    This has all the makings of a great new game, one where we can be as silly as we please without having to worry about hurting the feelings of the OP.

Braaainz!

You want a piece of me?
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    This has all the makings of a great new game, one where we can be as silly as we please without having to worry about hurting the feelings of the OP.

Braaainz!

You want a piece of me?

There's an awesome taco truck that parks in my neighborhood 7 days/week, and they make amazing beef brain (sesos) tacos.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This has all the makingsmight of a great new game, one where we can be as silly as we please without having to worry about hurting the feelings of the OP.

Braaainz!

You want a piece of me?

There's an awesome taco truck that parks in my neighborhood 7 days/week, and they make amazing beef brain (sesos) tacos.

Wow. I want that for some reason. I've never eaten a brain as far as I know.

I'm so glad I did this. Amazing thread its turned into.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Wow. I want that for some reason. I've never eaten a brain as far as I know.

It's actually really tasty once you get over the "Wait, WTF is this again?!" factor.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Braaainz!

You want a piece of me?

Not a fan. I love lengua, cabeza and tripas, but sesos ain't my bag. Not even with cebolla, cilantro and salsa hot enough to make sweat run down the back of my neck.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Not a fan. I love lengua, cabeza and tripas, but sesos ain't my bag. Not even with cebolla, cilantro and salsa hot enough to make sweat run down the back of my neck.

I love everything you mentioned except tripas. No way, no how! ;)
  • AnvilHead
    Options

I love everything you mentioned except tripas. No way, no how! ;)

When they cook it a little crispy, it tastes almost like bacon. Mmmmm, bacon. I also love it in menudo.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    When they cook it a little crispy, it tastes almost like bacon. Mmmmm, bacon. I also love it in menudo.

Have you ever had gopchang at Korean BBQ? For whatever reason, that's easier for me to stomach (pun intended) than tripas. Still not my favorite though.
  • AnvilHead
    Options

Have you ever had gopchang at Korean BBQ? For whatever reason, that's easier for me to stomach (pun intended) than tripas. Still not my favorite though.

Haven't tried it (or even heard of it before), but I just Googled it. I'd hit that. Note to self for next time I'm in a Korean restaurant.