So last week I ran a 5K, this week I broke my ankle.....

Options
hmmmm......not quite the progression I wanted to make here!

It was a bad break. Compound fracture which tore all the ligaments and required surgery to put it all back together again. I'm out of commission for at least 6 weeks.

I also had to cancel our vacation because we were going to go hiking in the Smoky Mountains.

this has not been a good weekend for me!!!!!!

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Oh NO!!! I have had 5 foot surgeries and needing to schedule my 6th one. From personal experience listen to everything that your doctor is telling you to do and not to do. And rest that ankle as much as possible. Foot/ankle surgeries take a long time to heal. Don't push yourself you wouldn't want to reinjure yourself. I speak from personal experience. I had my 5th foot surgery July 2012 and as soon as I got the ok to start exercising I broke my foot and tore tendons. Just rest and take it easy and hope you heal quickly.
  • Zumba365
    Zumba365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well crap! Yeah I slipped on black ice in January and broke/dislocated my ankle and tore the ligaments. 18 weeks max for the bone to heal. Do whatever they tell you. Don't try to walk before you are given the ok. Push for Physical Therapy! You need it to get your range of motion back. Ankle breaks are no joke. I wish you fast healing.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    That's terrible.

Hope you heal well :).