mean things that you have been told

Options
While I was doing my cardio I kept thinking of the things that have been said to me over the two years that made me feel awful but in the same sense made me think " I'll show you!!!!" and the thought of these things said, gives me the motivation to get up and work out or to keep going while I am working out some things said to me:

you're pretty but chubby
you have always had a belly
you'll never be as small as your sister

the worst part these have been said by people that are close to me, so now my mission is to show them they are wrong!

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    It's sad but the meanest things come from myself.

I went fishing this weekend with my kids and caught the biggest fish ever, we were all so tickled and we took alot of picutres and I was soooo happy, but when we got home and downloaded the pics off of my camera, I was pissed. I RUINED every single one of the pictures because my fat *kitten* is in them.

I'd love to show off the pic becuase of our catch, but why would I show them to anyone else, I look disgusting.

Yep, I can be a pretty vicious b!tch to myself, but absolutely no one else. People just look or stare at me.
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    All of the worst things I have ever heard about my weight and such have typically come from one person...

Myself

I find the hardest person to prove wrong is yourself, but I'm trying. Kudos to you for using that negative enrgy and attention into a positive driving force!!
  • anmhep1162
    Options
    I've been told lots of things, but I learned a phrase that usually shuts people up - 'I know...God loved me sooo much that he made more of me!' LOL I used to think like you, 'I'll show them' and I still do, but do this for yourself and no one else. Good Luck!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I was told I look great since love lost weight, but its too bad I'm just going to gain it all back again since going to they gym and eating healthy wont be sustainable. Everyone figures the novelty will wear off soon.
  • dodihere
    Options
    It's sad but the meanest things come from myself.

I went fishing this weekend with my kids and caught the biggest fish ever, we were all so tickled and we took alot of picutres and I was soooo happy, but when we got home and downloaded the pics off of my camera, I was pissed. I RUINED every single one of the pictures because my fat *kitten* is in them.

I'd love to show off the pic becuase of our catch, but why would I show them to anyone else, I look disgusting.

Yep, I can be a pretty vicious b!tch to myself, but absolutely no one else. People just look or stare at me.

I used to be like that, then realized when my kids were grown and out of the of the house I had very few pictures of me and my kids. Yeah, I thought I was huge and disgusting too, but you are being selfish to your children when you erase their memories too. They don't care if you think of yourself as fat, they love their mom. It took me a while to realize that and now I am sorry so many years went by with no pictures with my kids. :(

Sorry I am off post.
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fatty, thick (not in a pleasant way) and chubby... but i've learned that its not what people call you but what you answer to.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My Aunt, whom favors her oldest daughter said that myself, my sister and her youngest daughter were "too big boned to be thin"
    it would have pissed me off 40 pounds ago, but now I weigh less and am in better shape than all 3 of them, so I let it roll right off me.
    My sister in law told me (right after giving birth to my 1st son) that I wasn't "THAT fat"

But mainly the mean things come from me. I have a nasty habit of telling myself i'm not good enough, I can't do it, I don't deserve it and I'm fat etc etc it isn't the things other people say that bothers me but the things I tell myself are very hurtful.
  • maddoxsmama12
    Options
    I am totally doing this for myself and son, being able to rub it in their faces is just an extra bonus
  • sassy9111
    sassy9111 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful woman no matter what your size. Never forget that!
    The people closest to us are usually the cruelest, why, because they love us!
    Save me from people who love me, they are the one's that hurt you the most.
    I have even thought it myself (what a pretty girl if only), it is our society, messages
    are thrown at us every day.
    My mother told my daughter I had lost my looks, my daughter told her no I had not, I just put on some weight, I was the same mother and daughter and still looked darn good.

But let me tell you you will be treated differently when your slim, even though your the same person. I have been overweight once before, and Iwas angry, I am the same person thick or thin, but remember your dealing with society not just faily and friends!

All the best.
  • sassy9111
    Options
    I don't think your off post, because of the way overweight people are treated, eventally that is the way we perceive ourselves.
    I would also guess your not alone, and thank you for mentioning that.
  • sassy9111
    Options
    Shan
    OMG
    You have to come up with a line for them.
    Ex. Well at least I can do something about weight, you on the other hand,
    (SHAKE YOUR HEAD AND WALK AWAY)
  • sassy9111
    Options
    When your kids see that disgusting picture they think my Mom went fishing with us they don't see what you do (thank goodness)!
    So how big was it.