Help Tracking Recipes

Options
ithacaborn
ithacaborn Posts: 23 Member
I make a trail mix and protein bar every week or two, but they are never the same. They have similarities, but I change them a little bit each time.

I've been putting those into My Recipes, but I'm wondering if that's the best/most efficient/easiest way to do it? It seems like I could have dozens of the same(ish) recipes in just a few weeks.

Thanks.

Chip

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I had that issue when I was going through a green smoothie phase that I'd tweak.

I figured out a base recipe of just the essentials and put it in my recipes. The spinach, kale, water, stevia, ice, protein powder, lemon juice... they were in every smoothie.

Then if I wanted to add say half a banana one day, or a handful of berries, or some boiled beets or something, I would just list that separately when doing my food diary.

This way I didn't have to do every single ingredient every time, just click the base recipe and add it, then add the tweaked ingredients to give me a variety of flavors.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have a few recipes like that, for things like fruit salad, so usually I just go in and edit the existing recipe to reflect the changes, and then log the new version. It’s a simple method, but only if you don’t care about remembering the original version.