Wow, amazing diet cookbook! (yeah, right)

Options
Oh dear... I just found this cookbook, promising a healthy 2-3lbs/week weightloss, without rushing it, eating 900-1500 calories per day :o

kwngn3hbufm2.png

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    She lost me at "regime."
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, it says 900-1500 calories per day. Then it says 300-500 + 300 more, which (unless I'm worse at math than I thought) is at most 800... where do the other 100-700 calories per day come in?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    She lost me at "kick-start." :lol:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, it says 900-1500 calories per day. Then it says 300-500 + 300 more, which (unless I'm worse at math than I thought) is at most 800... where do the other 100-700 calories per day come in?

I can't figure out your math either :lol:

But I get a minimum of 300+300+400 = 1000, so not sure how she got 900, and then the "add extra 300" is called "essential" so that's 1300 minimum.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

But I get a minimum of 300+300+400 = 1000, so not sure how she got 900, and then the "add extra 300" is called "essential" so that's 1300 minimum.

Ooooh, duh,I thought she meant day 1 day 2 day 3. She's talking about 3 meals in a day. Now it makes sense.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

It's 300, 300, then 400. A minimum of 1000.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Erm . . . is there any discussion of anyone’s height, weight, sex, age, goal weight, etc.? Also, 2-3 lbs. a week? Healthy? Sustainable?

I tend to get turned off immediately by anything with a cutesy name. This one has numbers, but I once took a mindfulness-based stress reduction class with a simpering instructor who had an acronym for every set of steps or tips or tasks she wanted us to do. I found it unbearable. Stressed me out.

Nope, no discussion on either. And yeah, it does mention healthy and sustainable a few more times. The sad thing is: some people will buy this piece of kitten and believe it.
  • yirara
    edited September 2023
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yeah, she can't calculate either. 🙈 and the extra 300 is optional.

Actually, interesting that we all assume it's written by a woman. It is in fact. Cliche achieved.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I’d eat my own leg if I had to eat too few calories at that level 😳 actually my other half has good muscular legs, maybe I’d eat his instead 🤔
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @yirara please tell us the other three cookbooks you got are better than this?
  • yirara
    Options

I didn’t get this one. Read on reddit of someone buying it and found a look inside thingy. I bought some hairy bikers books. Certainly not food to gnaw off a leg but proper British grub 🤣

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    A 200 calorie meal. 😱

Even my snacks are bigger than that.

No. Just….no.
  • yirara
    Options
    A 200 calorie meal. 😱

Even my snacks are bigger than that.

No. Just….no.

For some reason the title is not "how to lose weight and be miserable". Not naming it because some people might actually get inspired but still wanted everyone to enjoy this gem 🤣🤣🤣
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I didn’t get this one. Read on reddit of someone buying it and found a look inside thingy. I bought some hairy bikers books. Certainly not food to gnaw off a leg but proper British grub 🤣

I’ve got some Hairy Bikers books and they’re great. Proper filling grub, you can adjust the ingredients to suit your calorie limit and macro profile (ie use v lean cuts of meat) and they are often simple and easy to make. I don’t use them as much as I should really, I get stuck into the habit of what I usually cook and I don’t vary that much.

(They’ve got a sausage and bean casserole that I’ve adapted to lower the fat and increase the veggie protein. It’s incredibly tasty, freezes well, is v filling and full of fibre and not high calorie 😀)
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I’ve got some Hairy Bikers books and they’re great. Proper filling grub, you can adjust the ingredients to suit your calorie limit and macro profile (ie use v lean cuts of meat) and they are often simple and easy to make. I don’t use them as much as I should really, I get stuck into the habit of what I usually cook and I don’t vary that much.

(They’ve got a sausage and bean casserole that I’ve adapted to lower the fat and increase the veggie protein. It’s incredibly tasty, freezes well, is v filling and full of fibre and not high calorie 😀)

Oh yes! I have a few of their diet books, which I usually add to as they're too low calorie (or too small portion) but equally tasty. Now I've added the British Classics and One Pot Wonders (was a double pack at the price of the British classics that I wanted to have) and Everyday Winners.