New, eager, and hello!

Options
I'm 61, and have no more excuses to not lose the baby weight, because the baby is 23!! πŸ˜‚

I was hospitalized with covid in winter 2021, and I'm very lucky to be here. My muscles tone was destroyed and I put on another 30 pounds while recovering for 4 months Therapy is not covered under my insurance. So I asked a personal trainer to help. 2 years of strength training and weekly spinning, and I'm strong as an ox, but still need to drop 60-80 pounds. I'm always super busy since I own 2 businesses, but I'm worried that if I don't get this weight off, I'll not spend retirement traveling and exploring the world as is planned.

Anyone else losing weight to have a better retirement? Losing to be around longer for grandkids and family?
Tagged:

Replies

• Emptynester1964
    Emptynester1964 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I will be 59 this month and plan on retiring in 2 years. I want to loose 60 pounds so I can also travel when I retire. I like you have taken spin classes for 7 years, walked 10k daily and weight trained for years but still weigh 240 pounds. I am proof that you cannot exercise a bad diet away. I have joined every weight loss group out there and thought MFP might be what I need. I tend to overthink my daily eating plan and get exhausted thinking about what i am going to eat for the day. Last week was my first week and was pleases as I lost 1.4 pounds. I am being realistic and do not need to see huge losses each week , just consistent losses. Good luck on your journey πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰