What kind or diet/lifestyle change are you following ?

Options
2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Started out reducing calories and lost weight just fine. I didn't concentrate on macros except to make sure I got a decent amount of protein. After almost 3 months weight was coming off, but my HbA1C was up into the pre-diabetic zone. I decided to go Keto, and have been happily eating that way for 5 months and feel better than I have for a very long time. The biggest issue I have is not what most people point to, namely how restrictive eating Keto is, but the fact that at times I don't have the time to cook meals from scratch. I strive to meal prep, but do not always succeed.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Started out reducing calories and lost weight just fine. I didn't concentrate on macros except to make sure I got a decent amount of protein. After almost 3 months weight was coming off, but my HbA1C was up into the pre-diabetic zone. I decided to go Keto, and have been happily eating that way for 5 months and feel better than I have for a very long time. The biggest issue I have is not what most people point to, namely how restrictive eating Keto is, but the fact that at times I don't have the time to cook meals from scratch. I strive to meal prep, but do not always succeed.

Yeah, that is a very overlooked aspect of low carb and ketogenic diet where everything is cooked from scratch using whole foods, not that other diet don't use whole foods but a ketogenic diet only use whole foods, or should be.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. I just stay accountable to my total calories per day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • linda45ll837h
    linda45ll837h Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am on Gastroparesis diet not by choice but a must any suggestion is welcome
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options

That can be an issue for low-carbers, I'm one who happens to enjoy cooking and have the time but I go through my busy seasons too where I have extra work or appointments outside of town with my autistic son.

For those days I don't have the time, I find my air fryer a salvation. I just throw in anything frozen-- steak, fish fillets, burger patties, hot dogs, a pork chop, chicken leg/breast, etc.-- and chuck a bag of frozen veggies with it (or put them in the microwave). Then I go do something else and In about 15-25 minutes and I have a hot high-protein, low-carb meal ready to go.

Those air fryers cook things so quickly and beautifully and clean-up is extremely easy. (not sponsored lol).

If I can't even do that, my go-to is sardines, tuna, canned chicken salad, eggs, or a plate of cold cuts w/some cheese, cherry tomatoes, olives.
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want and count calories. I try to limit processed foods, high fat and white carbs. I do save calories for treats like a few pieces of chocolate after dinner. I’m probably on a 80/20 diet.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    After YEARS AND YEARS of trying EVERYTHING, I finally got to a point that I had enough and really dived into nutrition and health. I had just quit competing and was eating a body builder typediet. Then I went vegetarian,then stricter pescatarian. Giving up dairy and meat was the biggest turning point that started to transform my body, mindandhealth. That was in 2009 to 2010 or so.It was remarkable! Fast forward, I have been researching, educating and observing since. I played with veganism ( plant based) unt finally becoming full vegan the first time 2017. Then I started eating some fish again in 2019, abd then full vegan 2020. Now I sma full vegan, WFPB and lots of raw foods. I cam not even imagine any other way!
    I eat sprouted beads, raw veggies, sweet potatoes, nuts, seeds whole grains, squash, you name it! I don't worry about carb- fat- protein intake at all. I eat wonderful and feel vital and happy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I am on Gastroparesis diet not by choice but a must any suggestion is welcome

@linda45ll837h - people might miss your post - I suggest you start a new thread and include something like "Gastroparesis diet suggestions" in the title.

I assume your doctor gave you some resources?
  • wfpbcarmen
    wfpbcarmen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been whole food, plant based, no oils since January. I'm down +70lbs, eat pretty much what I want whenever, and am now able to walk +10 miles in a day.
    Plants have all the protein and fats you need, as well as the carbs. I aim for around 75-80% carbs, 10-15% protein, <10% fats, usually hit those macros too.