Hello feet, its been a while.

Options
Hi!

So my name is Kim and I'm currently going into my 3rd year of university. I have always struggled with weight but in my younger years it wasn't too much weight but too little. I was really tiny/underweight and always wanted to be really big and have some sort of muscle on me. Unfortunately, when I started to get bigger I didn't stop. From about grade 10 to 3rd year university I had been struggling with keeping my weight down. I have never actually been overweight but I was always almost crossing the line between healthy and overweight. The main reason I'm trying to get in shape is that I have pretty low self esteem and I think it has to do with the fact that I was never a happy weight, I went from really small and underweight to pretty big and nearly overweight. So my goal is to finally feel good about my weight by getting it to a nice middle.

The main problem is that I eat A LOT. It's not always bad food, in fact I try to avoid the real bad foods(chips, cakes, soda, etc.), but being the some what lazy cooker that I am I can often resort to quick heat up meals and fast food. I also struggle with my arch nemesis: The homemade cookie. I love Cookies! Luckily only if their homemade, unluckily for the last 3 years I lived with someone who loved to bake cookies. This is really bad when I'm already eating almost twice the amount I need too(my recommended calorie in take is probably 1200 and I eat around 2000 a day)

I am not a lazy person, but I find it very hard to motivate myself. In university I was tired of being the weight I was so I started to work out. I went to the gym 1-2times a week and ran for 20 minutes, not much I know but any exercise is good exercise. It counteracted my eating a bit but never helped me lose weight. Throughout second year and third year I made sure I did regular walks after meals, to make sure I didn't get too out of shape. Nowadays, I work out for 85 minutes 3 times a week(I try to go everyday but it never works out), mixing it up with swimming(my weakness), running(my strength), weights and biking.

Right now I'm on summer break from school and I'm worried about being able to keep myself motivated to go to the gym as often. Hopefully though with the help from this site and it's community I'll be able to reach my weight goal and have a healthy eating habit.

If anyone actually was able to live through that mini life story thanks for reading!

Kgowans

Replies

• anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: You have come to the right place, the people here are so positive. It is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes :) Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend :drinker: