How to love yourself at current weight...

Options
I'm not giving up and I'm not happy with my current body, but...
I need to be able to look in the mirror UNTIL I hit my goal weight.

I'm intermittent fasting and working to lose weight. But it's a process. And though I'm not happy with where I am on the scale, I need to work on being "content" between the start and end weight.

Does anyone have any tips on this?

I know I currently avoid looking in the mirror unless I'm dressed.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hiii :)
    When I look in the mirror, I’m not happy with myself.I have big boobs and a big belly and feel Fat!
    I’m currently awaiting breast reduction surgery but that’s because I’m tried everything, and the surgeon agrees that this is the best way forward for me (the pain I have is horrific)

My brother in laws girlfriend though she is massive, but I don’t know why when I look at her, she looks beautiful.She always has nice clothes on but she must look in the mirror and think omg I’m fat too…

Beauty is on the outside.I’m sure if I looked at you, I would notice your natural beauty rather than your weight.People say to me all the time “you’re not fat” etc etc, but I feel it.

It doesn’t help when all these celebs are stick thin, but don’t forget, they have money to splash on boob jobs, tummy tucks etc
    They are plastic or surgical…they aren’t real bodies xx

Chin up and keep going! 😘😘 you are beautiful :) xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You can be happy with who you are, how you treat people, your character, etc. You can be happy internally and still dislike your body the way it is. Even fit people have parts of their body they dislike. But the body can physically be improved.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I remind myself how strong my body is, what it had accomplished and how far it had gotten me in 55 years. Then I think about what I have accomplished with my life and am grateful for that, even if my tummy is bigger than I want it to be right now.