:-)

Upload it to Youtube or Tinypic.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I was mainly checking you're not arching forwards and that your head is up so your back muscles are engaged. Keep it up!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Your back flattens out a lot right at the start. It looks like you are straightening your legs out, then trying to bend at the waist to lift off the floor. Your back angle should never change, once your legs start moving up, the bar should be moving. The bar should stay pressed up against your legs for the entire movement, you have way too much empty space there. It's throwing off your center of balance and causing you to pitch forward. If you don't feel the bar brush your knees and shins (or shred them when you're in shorts lol) the bar is too far forward, which puts too much strain on your lower back and can lead to injury.

You want your Deadlift to stay a Deadlift, yours basically turned into a good morning. Which can be dangerous with a heavy bar in that position.

EDIT- I just noticed watching it again that right before you started the lift it looks like you rolled the bar slightly further out, it should be right over the middle of your foot (not your shoe, your entire foot, including the part hidden under your leg,) and should be touching your shins when you start the lift. It looks like you pushed it a bit away. Think of rolling the bar into your legs the entire time you are doing it. Picture the bar as a pin sweeper at a bowling lane, and your legs are the leftover pins that need to be cleared.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Right at 25 seconds there is a second where you start the lift and your body readjusts itself. The weight is basically pulling you forward and your butt comes up. In that situation I would suggest that you try to get tighter at the bottom of the lift and modify your setup so that you take the slack out of the lift before you start. If you do it right it should go straighter and quicker once you start the lift. But I'd like to also encourage you to keep it up. The deadlift is a very technical lift and it takes practice to get the inter-muscular coordination right so you are lifting in the groove.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Notice how your butt initiates on the way up, which juts your head forward. That should not happen. Your shoulders and butt should rise at an even pace.. like being on a leg press machine.

When posting form checks, try to show a few reps.