yay!!

Options
I have an injury to my chest, and Dr says I can't do heavy cardio yet, because breathing really heavy hurts. I've had a really hard time with this, but I FINALLY found something that works, the stairmaster! I did it yesterday, didn't breathe too heavy, chest didn't hurt, but my heart was beating fast, and I was sweating bullets! I'm sore today, love that thing!!:smile:

Replies

• moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    yay! if i did that i'd have a heart attack! i would have suggested a bike lol- thats what i do (used to do, really) on my lazy days and never had any problems breathing
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    The stairmaster is AWESOME. It does take some time to get used to though. Basically you have to work your way up to it.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yea bike is good too! I never do it, hurts my legs, but I guess that's the point lol. I kept trying to do the elliptical, but never felt like I got a good workout, unless I went really fast. Maybe I just need to increase the intensity.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Nice! Glad you found something that works for you!

Personally, that thing scares me ... I keep thinking I'm going to fall off the back!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yes its a little scary...not the "stairmaster", the other thing lol I don't know the name of it...it's actual stairs, and it's really high. Definatly scary, I have to hold on...I've lost my balance a few times!