Are 10kg weights ok for a beginner?

Options
I am 18, 5'5 and only 100lbs so I'm very underweight. I've changed my diet and I've been on a 3000-3500 calorie diet for the past month. What kind of results will I see with 10kg dumbbells and can anyone recommend how I should effectively use them. Like specific exercises. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Nellyb123456
    Options
    Oh and btw, my diet is full of milk, peanut butter sandwiches, eggs and other protein foods like chicken. I also eat fruits in between meals.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    depends on what your doing with them, the dumbells i use range from 10lbs to 35lbs, then i use other weights up to 170lbs

eta... fitness buddy app has tons of ideas on what to do with them
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    depends on what your doing with them, the dumbells i use range from 10lbs to 35lbs, then i use other weights up to 170lbs

this^^

the only thing i personally use really low weight less than 20lbs is

front-raise-shoulders-workout-28072011.jpg

Dumbbell-Lateral-Raise.jpg
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    10KG is 22lbs for those who aren't sure.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Start with core and large muscle groups like chest and back (Pectoralis and Dorsi)...
    Core: Weighted crunch, Leg Raise, and Side Bends
    Chest: Bench Press, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, Lying Fly, Straight Arm Pullover, and Bent Arm Pullover...
    Back: Wide Row, Bent Over Row, Dead Lift, Bend to Opposite Foot, and Back Fly...
    Once you are stronger then move on to Deltoids and Arms...
    While you work the large muscle groups the smaller muscle groups of the arms will develop as well...
    You may want to consider a Whey Isolate Protein such as Cytosport or Muscle Milk... If you are looking to build then you might want to have someone train you... You will avoid injuries and focus better on your workouts... Heavier workout followed immediately with a protein shake while you do a light cardio exercise like walking will help the body to grow faster and leaner... The walking helps you to release lactic acid from fatigued muscles and the hydration and protein introduction to the muscles will give you a nice recovery for the actual damage to muscles from heavy workouts. For someone at 100 pounds 10 kg is a significant size weight and you should focus on large muscle groups first to grow them and the smaller muscle groups.
  • ProstheticLimb
    Options