chicken burger

horse11322
horse11322 Posts: 10
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
If you haven't tried the Ground Chicken give it a WHIRL !! I'm not big on the Turkey burger--I think it's texture and taste- but I really like the ground chicken. I use it in burgers or anything that calls for hamburger. it's great tasting and the texture is more like hamburger. But alot less fat .

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Yes yes yes!! Make sure to buy ground chicken breast though, not ground chicken.

Perdue makes it and for a 4oz burger cooked it is only 80 calories! And truly tasty. The only thing is that it is hard to handle, it is sticky. So I wet my hands before handling, then I pat just a bit of panko breadcrumbs on the top and bottom of the burger to make a nice crispy outside when I cook it.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    I love the ground chicken!! YUM! I dont really like turkey burgers either. I use this ground chicken in everything! haha
  • horse11322
    horse11322 Posts: 10
    Yes that is exactly what I use "Perdue" and I love it !!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    I've been a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge ground chicken breast lover for a long while! Agree with kdiamond though - the "breast" is the key word, the other stuff has more fat than a lot of ground beef you can buy.

Chicken breast is about 100% protein, at 4 caloires per g of protein, 80 calories gets you 20g of protein and nothing else. A great way to keep those macro-nutrients on track!

Steve
    knightfit.com
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I've never heard of this or seen it!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I've never heard of this or seen it!!

Ditto! But I will try it for sure. Another way to have chicken! I am going to fly one day. Chicken breast ground.
This discussion has been closed.