Chitchat about everything and nothing.

Options
39 year old woman. On a weight loss journey. It is not my first one and probably won't be my last. Hoping to post here frequently and to make a few friends here.

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • omelballardo7009
    omelballardo7009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also 39 and also here again 🙄 been struggling to find a new sport and motivation after an injury 10y ago. What's your excuse?
  • Cheery83
    Cheery83 Posts: 208 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Nice to meet you both.
    Don't really have a good excuse this time. I lost the weight. Held it for half a year and started to think I got this and then I gained the weight back again.

But I think the fewer exuces the better the chance of actually doing what must be done.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    So this time around I started at the end of February. Lost 8 kg in the three first month and then 2 kg more. Before summer sort of happened. And from mid July to last Monday I have climbed slowly up. Last Monday I weighed in at 80 kg which is 3.5 kg above mid July. But some of it must have been water because from Monday to Monday I lost 3.2 kg. Sure I was good at both food and excerzise last week but that alone should only give a kg.

What I do for excerzise is I have an eliptical things in the bedroom so currently I am watching secret invasion whilst using it. I try to get on it once a day even if it's just for 5 minutes.

We also have a 5 month old puppy that needs to be walked. So I get a little there aswell .

My main struggle is food. I enjoy it all to much and I work with food. And i am so bad at throwing things. It's this corner piece of cheese should be thrown. Nope I ate it. This piece of cake is getting dry. Not to dry for me. Etc, etc and then I believe it doesn't really matter because I am on my feat all day. But my scales beg to differ.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    Yesterday I just did 15 minutes on the elliptical out of spite.

There was a parent -teacher thingo for my oldest. Both kids had activities and the weekly grocery shopping stole all my time. So it was all I could fit in without losing sleep.

• aipfsu
    aipfsu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 40 and two years into my journey. I would love to be "friends". I am 58 lbs down. Slow but steady and very obtainable.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    Nice to see a post from you aipfau. Hope to see more from you.

This week I appear to be doing the right things but my scales are climbing upwards. Seeing as I lost so very much last week I am guessing it is water or something.

Todays little victory is that I made waffles for lunch and didn't eat any myself. This was achieved by chewing gum. Which is something I actually considered a bad habit but I might take it up. For those vulnerable times when I cook something really tempting at work..
  • Cheery83
    Options
    My husband made me pick celery today. Apparently this spring when I bought seed for his greenhouse I bought celery and I am the only one who likes celery. So now I have a pot of celery and various vegetable's soup cooking. What I like to do is cook an enormous amount of soup during the weekend. That I then put in boxes and freezes which I then use for lunch during the week. During good periods where I sm diet conscious I can have so many different soups that I can eat a different one every day.

They usually are mostly vegetable so it helps with the 5 portions of vegetable a day to.

The puppy slipped in to the greenhouse when I was getting my harvest out. And I didn't notice. But my husband saw from the kitchen. So she was nearly left in there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Cowboys will LOSE tomorrow to the Red and Gold!!!!!! Go 9ers!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Cheery83
    Options
    So I have done good this weekend.
    It's fall break in school here so next week the kids are at my in-laws. I will have some time after work. No swimming lessons to get them to. So I get to take the puppy to puppy class. Looking forward to that.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    Monday and already I am longing for Friday.
    Chewing gum seems to be working. Wonder how long before my jaw stops getting tired.

How did it go for your team ninerbuff
  • Cheery83
    Options
    The app is doing something strange now. I was in on the goal page thingo. And I got more calories to eat than I had.

But if I finish my diary with less eat than I could. My estimate weight loss is less than what the app is sat to.

Puppy school yesterday was challenging. Because the puppy only wants to mingle with the other puppy's not practice doing obedience.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    Today I ate a very small breakfast and a small lunch. Then my body started to feel odd and my head started to ache. But it got okay after dinner. So I guess I ate to little whilst having an active job.

I am going to a hotel this weekend and Know I will over indulge. So I have been finishing with lower calories and extra excerzise each day this week. But there is a limit. It used to be a lot lower before but I guess as I get older my body is less tolerant of that kind of thing.
  • aipfsu
    Options
    Cheery83 wrote: »
    Nice to see a post from you aipfau. Hope to see more from you.

This week I appear to be doing the right things but my scales are climbing upwards. Seeing as I lost so very much last week I am guessing it is water or something.

Todays little victory is that I made waffles for lunch and didn't eat any myself. This was achieved by chewing gum. Which is something I actually considered a bad habit but I might take it up. For those vulnerable times when I cook something really tempting at work..

Gum chewing is a good idea!

I want to participate more, but I usually use this on my phone and it is weird. :(
  • Cheery83
    Options
    I am also a phone user. That's why sometimes my quotes are weird.

Yesterday I went to bed early. And slept till my alarm so I guess I needed it. No exsrrize yesterday except for walking the puppy.
    This weekend/ start of this week. I have watched three Norwegian world war II movies.

I am not a war enthusiast or anything. But Netflix added Narvik too it's new segment and I had been meaning to see it. And after I watched that war sailor came up and it has gotten good reviews for being honest. And then it was just so easy to just follow the suggestion to se 12th man.

I quite liked war sailor and Narvik. Not to sure about 12th man
  • aipfsu
    Options
    Cheery83 wrote: »
    I am also a phone user. That's why sometimes my quotes are weird.

Yesterday I went to bed early. And slept till my alarm so I guess I needed it. No exsrrize yesterday except for walking the puppy.
    This weekend/ start of this week. I have watched three Norwegian world war II movies.

I am not a war enthusiast or anything. But Netflix added Narvik too it's new segment and I had been meaning to see it. And after I watched that war sailor came up and it has gotten good reviews for being honest. And then it was just so easy to just follow the suggestion to se 12th man.

I quite liked war sailor and Narvik. Not to sure about 12th man

When you are on your phone, do you use the app or the web browser?

I have been reading a lot lately. I used to watch TV every single night. When I started making changes to my lifestyle I remembered how much I used to read so I started again. Now I much prefer reading over TV. So crazy how much we change.

• Cheery83
    Options
    I use the app. I like reading but the last few years I have developed a really bad habit of cruising the web instead of reading or watching tv.

I watch movies or series when I use my eliptical thingo to excerzise. It is a great way to actually bother doing it.

The weekend was great I ate to much drank to much. Talked to really many people.
  • aipfsu
    Options
    I also ate and drank too much. But alas back on the wagon. I feel so much better when I take care of myself. Hope you have a great day.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    So I excerized Monday. Kind of had to. Because the youngest had swim class. And I might aswell swim when I am at the pool and the kid is supervised.

But yesterday I was not able to do any exercise other than walking the dog.
    There has been some snow nothing that stays just enough to make everything cold and the roads a little treacherous.

The youngest complained of a tummy ache so now I am at home hoping she doesn't throw up on me. Usually she doesn't complain before suddenly just letting it all go.

Planing on doing things in the house whilst she is just sort of chilling on the couch.
  • Cheery83
    Options
    I can hear the cat breath but I can't see him. The dog washes the cat frequently the cat has stopped swiping at the dog. Fairly certain the cat actually went up to the dog when it came in from the cold and wet to get dried by the dog.

Tried a trail with actual street lights yesterday. It's Nice to have an option that is not dark and muddy.