New to MFP

eramirezm1975
eramirezm1975 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm new to MFP. I am here looking to lose weight after knee surgery. I am unable to do any physical activity now. I am in recovery and doing physically therapy to regain mobility. I want to keep a close eye on my daily calories. I will be back on my feet by early November and I cannot wait to hit the gym after recovery. My goal is to lose 40 pounds, so I have a lot of work to do for better health.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Has your surgeon given you any advice about post-surgery weight loss strategies?

Speaking as someone who did the opposite (with undesirable results), might I suggest that you consider eating close to maintenance calories (hold body weight steady) during the acute phase of post-surgery healing, perhaps the first few weeks? If your doctor has approved your plans to cut calories, I don't want to interfere. From experience, calories and good nutrition are helpful for speediest and best healing - that's all I'm saying.

Having been through multiple surgeries (no knee surgery yet, though that'll be in my future), I know how frustrating it is to be sidelined after surgery!

Wishing you speeding healing and good weight loss results!