deepwoodslady Posts: 10,980 Member
    Options
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    39F 5'4"
    180’s; 170’s; 160’s; 150's; 140's; 130's; 120's
    About me:
    I could not lose weight until I shifted my mindset from "trying to lose weight" by calorie counting to "trying to decrease chronic inflammation" by eating the right foods + calorie counting.

I can maintain my good health by continuing these healthy habits:
    1) noticing how my clothes are fitting and getting back to the scale and consciously recalibrating my daily diet when necessary.
    2) eating primarily WFPB (Whole Foods, Plant-Based) daily to keep my daily fiber intake around 40 grams. Keep noticing where I can easily make a meal only plant-based and try to have at least one vegan meal per day and at least one fully vegan day per week (this keeps me from getting lazy with vegetables and recipes).
    3) limit ultra-processed foods to almost never avoid added sugar unless it's truly a special occasion and a truly delicious dessert. Road trips are a great time for splurging on grocery store precut fruits and premade fresh spring rolls.
    4) use the muscles I have so I don't lose them. Muscle maintenance is metabolism maintenance.
    5) alcohol is not a necessary part of any diet. Be mindful.

Short term goals:
    1)maintain my current physical fitness level and healthy diet
    2)lose a little bit of extra fat

Plan to accomplish goals:
    1)do something fun that challenges my fitness level at least once a week
    2)be serious about no added sugar. I am addicted. I cannot control myself with "just a little bit."
    3)weigh-in and track the trend weight.
    4)set MFP diary settings to maintain weight at 1500 calories per day with macro goals set to 50% carbs, 20% protein, 30% fat. Try to keep weekly average of net calories within the 1500-2000 calories range dependent on exercise. As long as I meet my protein and fiber goals the carbs and fat seem to fall into place and as long as my weekly net calories are around 1800-2000 I seem to maintain weight even without extra exercise so just being more conscious of not going above 2000 should be enough. Thank you, strength training!

10/16 Today: 132.2 Trend weight: 132.1 I don't consider this a gain because a few days of tracking again will get it down but I'm going to start keeping an eye on it again and posting no matter what it says. Maybe I post without comments but that's still staying accountable. If I disappear again it's not because I've fallen off the wagon (I hope) but because I'm doing well with healthy habits and I'm not thinking about it as a daily challenge anymore. I've rebranded my style of posting borrowing from others here to see if that brings back the fun newness factor that helped me so much here before. Looking to get into the 120s for October.
    10/17 Today: Trend weight: 13x.x
    10/18 Today: Trend weight: 13x.x

• potasha
    potasha Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @justanotherjen13 congrats on not having any clothes to fit!!! Take advantage of all the sales from last season items. I'm rewarding myself with new clothes this coming weekend and can't wait to get to the clearance racks.
  • potasha
    potasha Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    10/9 DNW great day yesterday macros and steps βœ”οΈ
    10/10 DNW. Macros and steps βœ”οΈ
    10/11 I had celebratory mini feast last night with sweets for dessert. Steps βœ”οΈ macros a bit lopsided but good on protein, fiber. Feeling good and staying moderate. Thanks for your support as I keep marching onward.
    10/12 DNW. Macros and steps and ST βœ”οΈ
    10/13 DNW. Macros βœ”οΈ
    10/14 DNW. Macros and ST βœ”οΈ
    10/15 DNW. Macros and steps βœ”οΈ
    10/16 DNW. Macros and steps βœ”οΈ
    10/17
    10/18
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Question: Several of you list β€œtrend” weight. Is that provided in MFP or do you manually calculate?! If MFP provides, where is that statistic located? Many thanks in advance!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Cchassee there are several apps that provide trend weights, I think happy scale is the most popular.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,980 Member
    Options
    Cchassee wrote: Β»
    Question: Several of you list β€œtrend” weight. Is that provided in MFP or do you manually calculate?! If MFP provides, where is that statistic located? Many thanks in advance!

@cchassee I use trendweight.com on my pc. It even links up to my fitbit app to automatically recognize my weigh-ins.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @itladyee @camandjarvis Thank you both!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,331 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Cchassee - welcome to the "65 club" !, have a wonderful birthday, really enjoy your special day. I know exactly what you mean about preparing special meals at home for celebrations, I enjoy that more than eating out too!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,331 Member
    Options
    Cchassee wrote: Β»

I use Libra , an APP on my 'phone.