Hello, not new but back after a long while

Options
Hi All!
I'm female, 57. The pandemic was a game changer healthwise. I put on about 10 lbs and my prior normal bloodwork has changed to now being prediabetic and having high cholesterol. I started working from home about 4 years ago. That means not moving a lot and having the kitchen nearby. I love working at home but I need to get my health back. I asked my doctor for advice. She put me on a low carb diet. It's been a week and a half and I've only lost 4 lbs. A little discouraged. I see the doc again in January. Hope to see good progress by then. I'm logging and exercising every day.

Replies

• rungel
    rungel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, and congrats for coming back. I'm in the same boat .. I'm just coming back I was supposed to be on a low-carb diet for the past few years. I'm taking it seriously now And have come back to count everything. I'm also having high cholesterol and vertigo recently. I was reading vitamin D3 and K2 are supposed to help with. I sure hope so.. I experience dehydration when waking in the morning. Or dry mouth some people say. I did test negative for being diabetic so I'm lucky there.

I do have a question about the calories on here being logged. I think they're way over what it's supposed to be..I wonder where I can get an answer to that.

Well, good luck to you..
  • clink0313
    clink0313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have dry mouth and started having vertigo since menopause. I suck on a vitamin c drop before bed which seems to help with the dry mouth while I sleep.