Mediterranean Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• samanthalealines
    samanthalealines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to follow a Med diet and really enjoyed it! Pinterest has some amazing recipes, but basically, there are a few key ingredients that you can put together in different combos and follow the diet.
    Healthy fats are the basis of the diet - so olive oil, avocado, nuts, olives etc - I really enjoyed pastas or salads with simple olive oil dressings. Add a bit of lemon juice and garlic and you've got heaps of flavour!
    Lean proteins like chicken breast and seafood are the main protein source with this diet. Not a lot of red meat. It's pretty easy to make chicken interesting with some spice mixes and you can be creative with seafood like white fish and prawns flaked into pastas or included in a wrap.
    Go wholegrain with pastas, breads and wraps.

I will say that I never went hungry with this diet. Using some base ingredients, I would jazz it up with nuts, seeds, feta, dressings and spices.
  • Vasileis99
    Vasileis99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there I'm from Greece so when you say your doctor suggested that you follow a mediterranean diet it sounds to me that he said to follow (greek cuisine) a healthy fats and rich in fiber (vegetables and legumes) diet.

So i will suggest a site in greek just google translate it:
    https://argiro.gr/recipe-category/ladera-fagita/

JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU NEED TO EAT IN THE RAWEST THAT YOU CAN (RAW NUT, NOT FRIED FOOD JUST BOILED OR ROASTED, AND GO EASY IN SPICES AND SALT)
  • HappyWalker16
    HappyWalker16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I mostly follow a Mediterranean diet and love it. While not recipes per say, some advice I have is that one of the easiest ways to get started is to work on increasing your produce consumption. Aim to get a serving or two of fruits/vegetables at each meal. When I started doing this, I was surprised at how satisfied and satiated I felt after eating, no matter what the main part of the meal was. One of my favorite options is to roast a bunch of veggies with olive or avocado oil (carrots, zucchini, and eggplant are my go-to's)

Another piece of advice is to look outside the Mediterranean for recipe ideas, depending on your tastes. The diet focuses on beans/lentils, fruits/vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, fish, and small amounts of dairy/meat. There are many dishes from around the world that fit the bill! I particularly love Mexican and Indian food, and both cuisines have many bean and vegetable based dishes.