Accountability partners

Options
Hey! 37 year old registered nurse and full time mom. Looking to lose at least 40 lbs. Looking to meet new people with the same passion, that would want to help each other daily to stay dedicated to accomplishing our goals.

Replies

• Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    Hii I’m down!!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @angelingle - Hi, I'm a 49 year-old housewife. I have 3 grown sons and my first grandbaby on the way. I'm on MFP daily tracking my food. I'm going to lose about 40 lbs too. I'm here for you! Let's shed some pounds together. 💪
  • wheels1872
    wheels1872 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi add me if you like
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and starting this journey yet again. Also aiming to lose 40lbs. I was so close a few years ago and then everything went downhill. I could definitely use some help.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @generallyme2 - Hi, Glad you decide to continue the journey. I lost 45 lbs. about 10 years ago. Slowly over the years put on a pound or two. After I quit smoking cigarettes in January 2022, I gained 20 lbs. I'm very motivated to getting back to a weight I feel comfortable with. I started towards this goal on September 1st. I lost 13 pounds the first month. However, now I've been only losing a pound a week. Still losing weight so that's a plus. 💪The body achieves what the mind believes.💪
  • Pattymac5000
    Pattymac5000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join you! I am a retired nurse and have lost ≈ 50 lbs., but have 40 to go.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @Pattymac5000 - Wow! 50 lbs is a great weight loss. You should be very proud of your progress. That take a lot of commitment. Let's take this journey together and lose these 40 lbs.!
  • cotterellmatt
    cotterellmatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea and a really valuable tool. I've recently taken up running and set myself a goal of a half Marathon in March 2024, with a few 10k races in the build up to that event. I've done exactly the same for accountability and told a few friends and family what I'm doing. Checking in with people and having them check in on you is a great motivator. If I can help in any way I'm in.
  • SmokinJoe959
    SmokinJoe959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If there is anyone who wants to add me to daily posts feel free to do so. I'm always looking for encouragement both giving and getting. I'm hoping that by joining a group setting we encourage one another.
  • kbrown1527
    kbrown1527 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there I’m also looking to lose about 40 more lbs. I’m 34yr old full time mom of 5. This app has been amazing so far.

I’d love some accountability partners with similar goals. Feel free to add!
  • IRONLION51
    IRONLION51 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • Mischante
    Mischante Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a 41 y/o RN and mom of 3 grown boys. I also work noc shift for the past 10 years. I've managed to lose 48 lbs since January and just shy of 100 lbs since July 2017. I have approx 5 lbs left to lose before I'm at a healthy BMI. I would love to chat with you about our weight loss journey and the special challenges we face as nurses.
  • Britton12
    Britton12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m a 39 year-old, boy mom x2, and looking to lose 60 lbs. I just started back on MFP and will meet with a nutritionist for the first time this week.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm Stay at home mum and post grad student, feel free to add me!
  • purplegoat78
    purplegoat78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi im Karl 49 uk , Looking to lose a stone to help me with my running , oh and help my poor old joints survive another year of running lol , motivation is my weakness so any help would be greatly appreciated 👍
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN looking to lose about 5lbs. I agree with PP that RN life is a special field with unique challenges, to put it mildly. lol
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Hope looking to lose 82 lbs. Add me to your list please. Thank you.
  • havennay
    havennay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    42 year old mom trying to lose 20 lbs. Add me to your list. Anyone else can add me too