Is this water weight too?

Options
Hey guys

Monday I weighed 11 stone 1
Tuesday I weighed 11 stone 2
Wednesday I weighed 11 stone 3

And now today I weigh 11 stone 4 🙈

And yes I’ve weighed in the morning after me wee and no drinks or anything lol x

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    it is probably natural fluctuations and statistical anomaly (the fact that this 4 days is exactly 1oz up per day) - but if the trend continues upward over longer time frame, then you are eating too many calories.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,125 Member
    Options
    Short term changes = fluctuations in water weight (related to salt, stress, exercise, hormones, etc.) and food waste in your digestive tract

Long term changes: due to changes in body fat (or muscle mass)

Four days is definitely in the short term range.

Are you using a weight trending app like Libra or Happyscale?
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    it is probably natural fluctuations and statistical anomaly (the fact that this 4 days is exactly 1oz up per day) - but if the trend continues upward over longer time frame, then you are eating too many calories.

Hi paper…
    I been going at this for 7 weeks
    I lost 9lb and the scale didn’t budge for 3 weeks
    I’ve been eating 1200 calories…
    If I reduce anymore…I will literally be starving lol x

I’ll admit I know the Wednesday-Thursday as I had a chip shop last night…so obviously I’m gunna have some water weight after that…but how can I got up 2lb in like 2 days? 🤔
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @Lildarlinz, My body weight fluctuates too despite my healthy diet and lifestyle. At any point in the month I could be up 2-3 lbs due to, I’m assuming, my natural female hormones. I tend to notice a slight uptick around ovulation and a slight uptick before menses but I do eventually lose it plus some once all that regulates, I’m currently up 2 pounds from my new lowest weight, but I know from nearly daily weigh ins that this is just apart of my bodies process. I do also suggest a weight trending app, I use happy scale, for weigh ins that way you can see the “big picture”. It will show you your current rate of loss despite the ups and down. It will show you a balanced line thru the mountainous weigh ins. Trust in the process, unless you don’t see results for 6 weeks, I’d stick to your program..just keep at. And know that every little thing in life can throw off your weight by a pound or so but it’s not real weight that stays. 👍 you got this!
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    @Lildarlinz, My body weight fluctuates too despite my healthy diet and lifestyle. At any point in the month I could be up 2-3 lbs due to, I’m assuming, my natural female hormones. I tend to notice a slight uptick around ovulation and a slight uptick before menses but I do eventually lose it plus some once all that regulates, I’m currently up 2 pounds from my new lowest weight, but I know from nearly daily weigh ins that this is just apart of my bodies process. I do also suggest a weight trending app, I use happy scale, for weigh ins that way you can see the “big picture”. It will show you your current rate of loss despite the ups and down. It will show you a balanced line thru the mountainous weigh ins. Trust in the process, unless you don’t see results for 6 weeks, I’d stick to your program..just keep at. And know that every little thing in life can throw off your weight by a pound or so but it’s not real weight that stays. 👍 you got this!

Thank you much 😘😘 xx
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    When not in home office my weight would go up from Tuesday to Saturday, and then drop down on Sunday and Monday. My guess is that my body just stored a bit more waterweight every day due to sitting on a desk (at home I either sit cross-legged or curl up on the sofa), and then I'd be having a lazy weekend or do nice things that didn't involve hanging legs. And that's the moment where weightloss showed.

Also, poopweight is totally a thing. You're heavier from one day to another if you don't have a bowel movement every day. Which I hasten to add is totally normal.

Yeah it’s funny
    I don’t go for a poop every day…I tend to go every 2-3 days lol weird I know..
    I did eat late though last night and some woman on TikTok said it could be that and obviously the salt intake as I had a cheeky chippy last night 🙈 xx
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,400 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Yeah, and poop totally has weight. If it doesn't stress you out too much (and if your scale doesn't save the last weight) you might step on the scale right before having a bowel movement, and then right afterwards just for fun.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    A pound a day, about 3500 calories each, but you'd need to eat far more than 3500 extra each day due to how the body tries to restore balance with higher NEAT, higher body temp, it takes energy to process all that food, etc. Assuming your maintenance is say 1800, have you been taking in about 6,000+ calories every day recently?

You've been doing this long enough to know better.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    A pound a day, about 3500 calories each, but you'd need to eat far more than 3500 extra each day due to how the body tries to restore balance with higher NEAT, higher body temp, it takes energy to process all that food, etc. Assuming your maintenance is say 1800, have you been taking in about 6,000+ calories every day recently?

You've been doing this long enough to know better.

Yeahhhh! I was practising my Santa Claus 🤣🤣 just kidding :)
    Xx

Just need the red outfit now 😁😁🎅🏻
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I think many people have told you over and over again that it is water weight, in the many threads you have started. Why don't you seem to believe anyone?

This one was a little different 😁
    When I asked before…I had only put on 1lb water weight over a day

This is 3lb over 3 days so I was just checking it was the same

Thanks 👍
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    yes, it is the same! Weightloss is slow, very slow, and weight gain is also not so quick that you suddenly gain 3lbs of bodyfat over three days. 3lbs of body fat is 3500x3 = 10500 calories over your maintenance calories. Every time you doubt ask yourself whether you've overeaten by so much. Just for some perspective:
    • 100grams of crisps are about 550 calories. That mean you would have to have eaten 10500/550 = 19 bags contains 100gr of crisps.
    • Or (I know they exist) about 48 bags containing 40 grams of crisps.
    • Or about 5 packs of 250gr of pure butter

Oh my god! I could quite possibly eat myself to death with a bag of walkers sensations Thai sweet chilli right about now 😜😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣 they are the best xxx
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    Wish you were here. Walkers Sensations Thai sweet chili= $8 a bag. How many bags did you want? LOL
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    I think many people have told you over and over again that it is water weight, in the many threads you have started. Why don't you seem to believe anyone?

Thanks 👍

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? Many women retain water when they ovulate as well as premenstrually.

Have you started using a weight trending app like we've been recommending?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    When not in home office my weight would go up from Tuesday to Saturday, and then drop down on Sunday and Monday. My guess is that my body just stored a bit more waterweight every day due to sitting on a desk (at home I either sit cross-legged or curl up on the sofa), and then I'd be having a lazy weekend or do nice things that didn't involve hanging legs. And that's the moment where weightloss showed.

Also, poopweight is totally a thing. You're heavier from one day to another if you don't have a bowel movement every day. Which I hasten to add is totally normal.

Yeah it’s funny
    I don’t go for a poop every day…I tend to go every 2-3 days lol weird I know..
    I did eat late though last night and some woman on TikTok said it could be that and obviously the salt intake as I had a cheeky chippy last night 🙈 xx

No, not weird - having a bowel action every 2 or 3 days is well within range of normal - but obviously weight will temporarily go up until you do and then will temporarily drop - same as everyone but you are looking at that over 2 - 3 day period rather than daily fluctuation.

• Lildarlinz
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Wish you were here. Walkers Sensations Thai sweet chili= $8 a bag. How many bags did you want? LOL

Whatttttt!!!!!! No way! I think they are about £1.75 a bag here…I think the £1 shop sells them obviously for a £1 but a smaller packet! But oh my god they are beautiful :D xxx 😍😍😍
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Thanks 👍

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? Many women retain water when they ovulate as well as premenstrually.

Have you started using a weight trending app like we've been recommending?

Finished last week :)
    I’ve gone back down to 11 2 now :) so it was just water weight
    And no haven’t had chance yet…been working hard at work :) x