Recipe creation on desktop and app

Options
I've used MFP for years and create recipes almost every day. For the last week I have not been able to use the recipe creator. Giant error box comes up over and over and in multiple browsers. What gives?

Best Answer

Answers

• TheCabana7
    TheCabana7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ditto, I haven't been able to use it for a few months. I keep reporting it and no one seems to care lmao. I don't have any invalid "symbols" that would cause this, I have tried on several browsers, I've deleted cookies and my cache. It's absolutely frustrating when I'm trying to ADD a recipe and I can't because no one seems to care.

If I click SAVE nothing happens.
    If I click SAVE and LOG the red band comes up and says error.

I keep all ,y recipes to myself so there should literally be no reason for this.
  • pennysienkiewicz
    pennysienkiewicz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Very frustrating. I’m relatively new to this. For those who haven’t been able to log their recipes, how do you log your meal then?
  • jonathancombel
    jonathancombel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll post in Zendesk, but same symptoms as above since yesterday.
    • New recipes won't save (no reaction to pressing save button)
    • Save & Log button gets an error message about being unable to log, try later
    • Tried on my Android app; Chrome desktop, Chrome in an Incognito Tab; Microsoft Edge desktop & in a InPrivate tab
    • On desktop I tried both the Recipe Importer, Add Recipe Manually, and the Old Recipe Calculator. None will save.
  • jonathancombel
    Options
    Same here. Very frustrating. I’m relatively new to this. For those who haven’t been able to log their recipes, how do you log your meal then?

Sorry, Penny, I see MFP having these sorts of tech issues for a few days or so once every couple years 🤷

They'll straighten it out, though you might not know its fixed until you try to save a recipe and it suddenly works.

In the meanwhile, I try to search foods that have similar macros to my meal but that's a poor substitute.
  • jonathancombel
    Options
    My last note: Editing old recipes works.
    • I have dozens and dozens of recipes saved in MFP that aren't super relevant/I'm not likely to make again
    • Editing or deleting an existing recipe does not affect their entries that have already been saved on your log
    • I scrolled until I found a recipe I didn't care about, then edited that one to be last night's chicken cacciatore 🤷
  • Anhoki
    Anhoki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OK....I've used Firefox, Edge, Chrome....none of them work. You can not do a bulk import of the recipe and edit and then save. It throws up the error box. NOW I go to add each ingredient one at a time in the old method and you can't delete an ingredient. If you make a mistake you have to delete the ENTIRE recipe and start over?! WTH? Again, absolutely not interested in using someone elses recipe for my own. Admin, support, Mickey Mouse can look at my account and see I have literally hundreds of recipes added as we create a recipe for almost every single meal. No disrespect to anyone but I prefer to generate my own recipes and see what each ingredient adds to the recipe. Call it a trust issue if you like. It used to work this way and I think we ALL deserve a solid answer as to why the app no longer works this way. It can't be that hard to give us an answer, especially if SO many are having the issue. PLEASE FIX IT!
  • Anhoki
    Options
    dtemf0icpflh.jpg
  • Anhoki
    Options
    I did a thing. The "problem child" recipe I've been trying to add since yesterday is finally in my files. I used the OLD uploader and added two ingredients to my recipe with the number of "servings". I do EVERYTHING by the ounce and not by the serving. I do it this way because not everyone wants the same amount of something when they put it on their plate. It works for us. SO....

Create my recipe with the number of servings.
    Ingredients in the recipe were TWO
    Save recipe
    Go into your recipes and click on the latest one
    EDIT and add additional ingredients
    Save
    DONE!
    Add to diary and it works.

I really wish it wasn't so complicated and worked like it did before the pandemic. If you could fix it for all of us I know we would appreciate it.
  • TheCabana7
    Options
    It was fixed and now it's broken again (for me) since yesterday afternoon.
  • missebet1
    missebet1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue today, plus the added issue of recipes not showing to be edited, but they show up in my list when I'm adding items to my diary so I can't adjust recipes I've already added, as they are not there or add new ones. Honestly, for what they charge for premium this is not acceptable to happen as often as it does. I'm starting to realize that premium is a scam
  • SherriSmith2013
    SherriSmith2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been experiencing this issue since 10/21/23 and it has been very frustrating! It makes this app almost useless in tracking calories since I'm a home cook and there are not even options CLOSE to some of the things a put together. This needs to be fixed asap.
  • TheCabana7
    Options
    Still not fixed. Good to know MFP cares about this and us. I just want to add my healthy ranch dressing ffs. This website is so infuriating. I have AMOST quit it like 29 times because of dumb stuff like this. I'm tired of making excuses, I'm tired of not being able to add basic things to my account that IS a feature, and I am damn tired of coming back here every week to see if it's fixed.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and go to CRONOMETER. The better site.
  • Anhoki
    Options
    AGAIN it is broken. I've used THREE different browsers and every single one has failed. AND....MFP no longer keeps track of weight in the app even though it will bring my active calories from Garmin. WHY does this keep happening? I have been paying for this app for 4 YEARS and it is becoming useless. Can you PLEASE address all of the comments in this post AND the others and tell us WHY this is not working? WHY can I NOT delete an ingredient that is clearly WRONG? Instead of deleting ONE ingredient I have to start over with the recipe. UM HELLO!? And, Private Selection ground Cumin IS NOT the same as ground VEAL. Come on people. This is absurd.
  • MrsSpinster
    MrsSpinster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Desktop
    Windows 10 Pro
    Firefox 119.0 (64 bit)

When I click on Recipes from the main Food menu I can only see, and edit, the most recent 10 recipes I have saved.

lv81r0zhquum.jpg

If I go to Food Diary and click Add Food, and then Recipes, they all show up, but I can't edit them.

juv6atkbewl5.jpg
  • TheCabana7
    Options
    Fixed and now broke again. I can keep doing this cuz they keep doing this. This website is so annoying. If they allowed you as a FREE member to take ALL your data and download it I would be gone. I've never liked this site.

Something is always broken

Basic features never work

Features that SHOULD be free are under the paid option - and BTW it is WAY too expensive

It takes 45 minutes for a change in APP to show up on the website and visa versa

The data base is ALWAYS and I MEAN ALWAYS wrong. I spend more time fixing stuff than actually doing anything else. Their database should not be user fed. "Well check the green marked stuff Kristi" That checkmark stuff does not work for every single item. Duh. I just add my own stuff and leave it in MY database.

• TheCabana7
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Broken AGAIN! Jesus CHRIST almighty. This website is really trash. I am hoping to get my recipes, meals and stuff together and then in 2024 I am moving to the CHAMP MVP Cronometer. Unreal.w9lhybvbqng7.png