Smart watch for run/walk

Options
I am looking for a smartwatch (or any wearable) that I can download an intermittent run/walk app as well as play music without carrying my phone. Does anything like this exist?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,426 Member
    Options
    Watches don't tend to have apps as such. There might be widgets, or there might be a build-in way to indicate run and walk intervals. A native C25K? Not sure because it just tends to be a beginner workout. If I wanted to record run/walk intervals on my garmin watch I would create a custom workout consisting of many, many intervals of a properly length run and walk sections. I can then, with a push of a button end an interval early. Though: My watch also notices running and walking automatically. There's just not a much I can do with it, like compare across runs how much I've improved. Watches with music tend to be the higher-end watches with Garmin, and the quality might not always be perfect, and this takes up a lot of storage space on the watch. Plus of course battery life suffers. Not sure about other companies.
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My garmin forerunner 245 music does this. I downloaded datafields that someone created for a c25k then a c210k. I do need to charge my watch after a 90 minute walk/run though. I listen to music for the entire 90 minutes and created a custom exercise for the c25k. It buzzes when you transition from walk to run. I imagine you could create your own datafields to customize the walk/run intervals
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,426 Member
    Options
    My garmin forerunner 245 music does this. I downloaded datafields that someone created for a c25k then a c210k. I do need to charge my watch after a 90 minute walk/run though. I listen to music for the entire 90 minutes and created a custom exercise for the c25k. It buzzes when you transition from walk to run. I imagine you could create your own datafields to customize the walk/run intervals

You don’t need to create datafields as such but can create workouts in garmin connect. I think there’s something called fast and sliw or something like that. Though I’m not sure every watch model can do this
  • polvo71
    polvo71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did this by just setting a timer on my Apple Watch. 3 min run then 1 minute walk alternating. The two timers stay on your watch face and alternate so you always just tap the top one to begin the walk or run. Music on my AirPods. I worked pretty well.