Hi kinda new😃

Options
debrabusiness
debrabusiness Posts: 2 Member
What I need to know is where can I ask for a certain kind of recipe. I need heart healthy recipes but I want to type in what I would like to eat. Going through all the receipts is a pain. I'm thinking I most be missing something. Does anyone have the answer. Thanks Debi Brewer

Replies

• sarahjc1477
    sarahjc1477 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure if this entirely meets your requirements or not, but you can either apply filters or you can search for specific terms, so hopefully it might be helpful. Fingers crossed you will find something you like.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/support/healthy-living/healthy-eating/recipe-finder
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not aware of a website where you can put ingredients in and they give you recipes. I know on allrecipes.com, you can pick the main ingredient lioe chicken or potatoes, and they'll give you recipes with that as the main focus.

I also use Pinterest and you can search for '4-ingredient recipes' or 'recipes beef carrots', etc.

Hope you're able to find what you're looking for!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I use pintrest alot as I'm also on a heart healthy diet as well. You can find a lot of recipes there and adjust to your needs.
  • ColB1978
    ColB1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BBC Food website is good. You can put in a number of ingredients and it will give you recipe ideas
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    What I need to know is where can I ask for a certain kind of recipe. I need heart healthy recipes but I want to type in what I would like to eat. Going through all the receipts is a pain. I'm thinking I most be missing something. Does anyone have the answer. Thanks Debi Brewer

REVISE A RECIPE YOU ALREADY LIKE

You can take a recipe or meal you already love and make it more heart-healthy.

STEAK AND POTATOES
    • STEAK: For example, if you love a loaded baked potato and steak --you can tweak this. Grill a smaller lean steak. When you grill really lean meat, add a few drops of avocado oil to the steak. Avocado oil is a healthy fat and it'll keep your lean steak from getting too tough. Lean steak can get dry easily. 2 or 3 drops of avocado oil will keep the steak moist as you grill it. Don't have a grill? You can cook it in the oven. Yes, red meat isn't always heart-friendly. But an every once in a while steak, done right is still doable. A three-ounce lean sirloin steak can be part of a heart-healthy diet.
    • BAKED POTATO: The potato--you have so many options. If you want a true baked potato, bake a small one. Spritz skin with olive oil with zero calorie spray. Bake the potato. Split it open. You can then spritz it with zero-calorie spray butter inside of the potato. Add a teaspoon or two of sour cream. Sprinkle chopped scallions or chives.
    • LOWER CALORIE POTATO: You can also replace the baked potato with air-fried or oven-baked potatoes. Take 1 potato, cut it in slices. Spritz with olive oil spray. Season with garlic or pepper or both. Bake or air fry. Fewer calories than the toppings of the baked potato.
    • Add in garlic green beans.

Don't want any red meat? You can replace with a lean pork shoulder or chicken thigh. Chicken thighs have a richer flavor than a breast. A lean pork chop can feel meatier than chicken. Pork isn't quite the no-go food it used to be.

LOWER SALT

Use black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and other seasonings to replace or reduce your salt when cooking.

Reduce saturated fat.

• TeresaWJ
    TeresaWJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try https://recipes.heart.org/ for heart healthy recipes.
    Here's a short-cut for getting these recipes into MFP for yourself so you do have to enter all the ingredients -- use the "import recipe" feature. Find yourself a nice recipe on this website, or anywhere else on the internet, then just copy the URL and paste into the search line in MFP recipe maker. All ingredients in that recipe will populate into your MFP recipe maker. Some ingredients may need adjusting, or changing, but this is easier than searching and entering everything individually thru MFP. You can add, subtract, change ingredients, amounts, serving sizes as needed on the imported recipe. I can never leave well enough alone, so I will usually have to change something! I have used this import feature MANY times, often adjusting ingredients based on personal products I use. We follow a low-carb lifestyle, and I will often use this feature to capture a "regular" recipe to make it easier to modify into a "lower carb" recipe.
    Another hint: If for some reason the import feature does not work well, simply copy/past all the ingredients by using "add recipe manually" in MFP. Again, adjustments will often be needed, but still quicker/easier than entering each one individually. I have often used this feature when a YouTube contributor provides ingredients in their video notes, but no link to a full recipe anywhere.
    Another hint: MFP recipe maker is a powerful, useful tool. The one major drawback is that you cannot search your own recipes. I have a LOT of recipes, and it is hard to remember them all, so I keep a printed (print screen) copy of all my recipe pages for easier reference when searching/logging.