Keto, Diabetes, It’s working!

Options
My name is Robert Dorrell and I have actively used MFP since early August for tracking weight loss and carb intake; on strict keto diet. It has become my best tool. I’ve seen enormous gains in blood sugar control and weight loss. I have succeeded with this plan where I have failed on WW many times. Down 50 pounds and blood sugar approaching normal A1C!

Replies

• september192023
    september192023 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear this is working for you! Keep up the great work!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Congrats @robdorrell 🎉 Food tracking is such an incredibly useful tool! 50 lbs in... what, 3 months? That's incredible progress.

In just three months of using MFP, my A1C went from 5.7% in 2020 and 2022 (prediabetic) down to 5.2% in September. Completely normal now, and I'm so happy. Keep up the good work, I hope your blood sugar will be perfectly normal soon as well!
  • thetdbomb
    thetdbomb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was also diabetic and taking medicine. I went from 220 (when I started) to 150 (did not want to get that low) doing Keto and have gotten off all my diabetic medicine and AC1 has been normal for over a year now. I do low carps now. When I was strict KETO was doing less than 30g of carbs a day. I hang out now in the 165 168 range.

I did not track my weight when I started, just the size of my clothes. Weight can be discouraging if it does not drop like you think it should. How your clothes fit never lies.

Keep up the work and I am sure you will get there and get off your medicine.
  • shannonsutherland1
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Highly recommend listening to Drew Harrisberg's conversation on the RichRoll podcast. Drew is a type 1 diabetic but he unpacks both type 1 and type 2 and Keto/Paleo and Whole Food Plant based eating. Here's the Spotify linked, but you can also find it on Apple podcast or YouTube. GAME CHANGER!!!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0BlJHmbgKqDXIJFNUDyKE2?si=1fea5a6f3c344610
  • badbrainsforbreakfast
    Options
    My story is not nearly as wonderful as yours but I wanted to share. I started at 232 pounds on keto in 2017. I lost 80 pounds in 10 months. Then I quit. I gained back 30 pounds in 5 years but am now re-starting keto because it is so good for us!
  • goofy6472
    goofy6472 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!