Pilates / Barre / Yoga suggestions

Options
Hey! I love all three of these, but need more suggestions. Who do you love for trainers? Can be YouTube, apps etc...
Tagged:

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adrienne is a popular one. I have the Down Dog app, which you do have to pay for but cost is minimal, and I really enjoy the flexibility it gives you to choose different types of practice and different areas to work on. I use the yoga version but they also have barre and some other apps too all under the same subscription. I also have The Pilates Class app, but the trainer sometimes irritates me so I can only use in small doses!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I haven’t done any of the online classes like Adrienne etc, but I did online yoga once or twice a day during lockdown, and some online when I travel.

Even though these are live and recorded classes with my usual local instructors, and my daughter, who is a fabulous teacher, it doesn’t compare to in-person classes.

If you are fortunate enough to have the time and opportunity to practice locally, that’s where I’d direct you. I get so much more out of being there in person, and find I try harder and out more effort into what I do when in the studio.

Some gyms include yoga classes in with their membership. I’ve done LA Fitness classes in the past with pretty dreadful instructors, yet one of my studio favorites teaches several classes there during the week. Quality varies widely at gyms.

My studio, which is excellent, has a $105 a month unlimited plan. Before I broadened my workout scope, I was doing 30+ classes a month there and more than got my money’s worth. I’ve visited studios in London and Germany that had similarly priced plans, too