My Goal

Options
My goal is to re-learn to ride my mountain bike. I used to be a real pro at biking, and have slacked off. I am from Austin the home of Lance Armstrong and the bike fan base is huge.

Replies

• willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is great. I love biking. It's a great outdoor activity, and it's excellent for staying fit and in shape.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I'm betting on your success, if you're committed to it. I started riding a bit more in my 50s after cancer treatment. I admit, cycling on the local paved trail system is more my thing now, and I spend more time in a different sport (rowing) than biking, but it's a great activity.

I remember wondering (soon after cancer and treatment) if I was up to a 5-mile fun ride a friend and her family offered, but it turned out I could manage it. Nowadays (15+ years on from then), it's just a routine fun thing to ride 4-5 times that distance on any random nice afternoon. That's not big mileage in the bike world, but it was a pretty big improvement for me.

I'm cheering for you to get back to mountain biking, and have a great time doing it!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of when my son wanted me to ride my bike with him about a half mile to the little store and back. I was so out of shape that he got to the little store before me. When, I got there I had to rest for about 15 minutes before heading back. I told him my bike needed cruise control...lol. I'm so proud of where I am today. Now, I can ride a bike and I even ran a 5k.

My "Lucky 7" goals
    • Stop eating after 7 in the evening.
    • Get at least 7 hours continuous sleep a night.
    • Exercise 7 days a week for atleast 30 minute each day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!