My First Six Weeks and Beyond

Options
0pmwkeejy2hp.png

I'm going to be vulnerable here...

It's been QUITE A JOURNEY, and I've tried to summarize as much as I could, but I hope it will inspire someone.

After 17 years of dependence on medication, I got literally and figuratively tired of it. I began hospital stays and therapy, and with the help of my psychiatrist I managed to get off of it all. Once my withdrawal symptoms stabilized enough for me to get out of bed, I decided to make a change.

I'd attempted training for quite a few years. I'd lift for a few months at a time, then end up physically and mentally crashing. I tried all sorts of plans online and ate what I thought was healthy, but always felt like I was grinding my wheels into the dirt.

My body and brain were feeling sluggish and I was suffering from all sorts of pains. I wanted to see if this would improve by revamping how I approached nutrition and exercise.

Someone online mentioned her coach and her IG (I want to say a HUGE thank you to that person), and after following her for a while, I decided to contact her. This was 2 years ago, and I haven't looked back since.

I'd like to say the changes didn't happen overnight, but really, I was feeling so much better physically, mentally and emotionally already after the first 6 weeks. These photos show the physical results of that.

I decided to continue working with my coach to see where it could take me, but I could have never imagined how monumental the changes would be and how much they would affect the rest of my life.

I've gained confidence, mental resilience, my sleep improved and I have more energy to be a better parent and partner.

I've also fulfilled my childhood dream of competing on the stage, and as icing on the cake, I won 4th place in my first ever competition!

I'm really proud of what I've achieved. This journey was by no means plain sailing, but I'd do it all over again because it's through the challenges that we grow the most.

And the life I have now is so so worth it.

Replies

• notanotherjohnson
    Options
    This is so amazing!!! Congratulations!

I'm being very nosey here - do you have other adults in the house that factor into your food intake? What are your meals like now?
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    I need a coach like that! and someone to help with meals
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing!!! Congratulations!

I'm being very nosey here - do you have other adults in the house that factor into your food intake? What are your meals like now?

Hi there, that's not nosy at all - thanks for asking! I do have others in the house. We do eat much of the same foods, but I do take into account my own personal caloric and nutritional needs depending on my goals.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I need a coach like that! and someone to help with meals

I work with my coach entirely online - she's amazing! She's a certified nutritionist and personal trainer, and she works with people from all walks of life. You can see more of my progress on her page in her client reels. I'm Dawn. Her IG is @smarta.coach

The link is: https://instagram.com/smarta.coach?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!