Belt Squat Machines

Options
Wondering if anyone has experience with these over time. New gym has one. I used it once and it definitely hit the glutes, quads, and hams but I did not even feel them at all in my back. Just curious if anyone has switched to one of these from regular squats. FWIW I am done chasing PRs on squats and mainly just do volume now. Nothing crazy. Top set is usually 3 plates and change for 5 to 10 reps. I am focused pretty much entirely on building muscle and aesthetics now. Do not care if my one rep max on squat suffers at all,

For reference, this is the machine in question...
https://youtu.be/A_VUe-SZNkU?si=IYZKSrRjE4REswtc

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Belt squats are great for people who have low back issues from any type of squat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • beerfitter
    beerfitter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Belt Squat is great. The Pit Shark I prefer over Rouge's Rhino. If you're looking for ideas of how else you can extend your training with the Belt Squat, I would take a look at what the conjugate lifters do. In addition to the squat, there is also the loaded marching that is quite challenging.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That looks great, i'd like that as I struggle with confidence when adding weight to my squats. Sorry can't help with your questions though.