Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

I hate exercise!

Options
Not a fan of exercise. Got to try to be more positive! When will it not hurt? On week 3 right now and was in so much pain yesterday I had to take narcotics and other stuff.

Replies

• bcjones4733
    bcjones4733 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Took 100 mg of Tramadol, which of course does nothing for the pain,, just tricks your mind to say you are not hurting but was still aching. Figured I had some inflammation so I took Aleve and Acetomeniphen. That helped after 3 hours. Was able to sleep last night.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Have you exercised before or are you starting from scratch? If you are new to exercise, it helps to ease in. Also your age can be a factor. A younger body will bounce back faster.

Then, there is the question of what exercise you're choosing. Movement IS exercise. It's important to find something you like doing so you will stick with it. There are myriads of choices--biking, dancing, climbing, yoga, walking, swimming, running, stretching, .......etc. Try different things.

After 2 weeks, soreness usually backs off, unless you're pushing too hard. You haven't given much information, so it's hard to say. Good luck reaching your goals.
  • bcjones4733
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I know I'm pushing too hard, but I've got 90 days to get my numbers under control. Start with 1 block walk to warm up then do 4 sets of 50 leg lifts on exercise bench and 4 upper body expercises with 10 lb. weights. and cool down with 25 reps of arms crossovers with 2 lb. weights. I'm starting from scratch, so it's very hard, but I'm committed to doing this. This body is old, so it's not bouncing back unless I do every other day. back to back days are very painful if I do the entire circuit. some days I just do the weights and don't walk.
  • bcjones4733
    Options
    I've cancelled Thanksgiving with my family because I can't see myself doing all that cooking and can't eat anything; no stuffing, no potato salad, no candied yams, no dessert! What's the point. I've found that if I eat more than 4 ounces of food at a time my blood sugar spikes up 150 points. Broken down food into 5-6 small meals with a piece of fruit and nuts as one meal between regular protein filled meals.
  • bcjones4733
    Options
    I think I may try journaling, on the computer of course. It helps just to type this stuff out and get it off my chest. Responses help tremendously.