Just got back on track, and then...

Options
I just recently got back on track after blowing it for 6 months plus. Been back at it for 15 days, and doing great. Until today. My grandma died last night. We were extremely close when I was a kid and I'm feeling guilty about how little I saw her in the last few years. I'm really struggling with the urge to emotionally binge eat, and I just need to get this all off my chest.

Replies

• sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry about how emo that sounds. I'm a bit numb and lost right now...
  • abtsdiet
    abtsdiet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I am glad you are sharing with us. I will be thiking about you.

It might be helpful to have a lot of good, healthy food in the house right now. That way... If you want to binge.. At least you have good choices.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmother.
    I know how you feel because I, too, did not see my grandmother much in the last 2-3 years of her life because she had Alzheimer's and was put in a nursing home. She did not know anyone and was extremely agitated and heavily sedated because of it. I could not take seeing her in that state. I just try to remember her as she was before she became so ill.
    You will not be honoring your grandmothers memory by using her death and your guilt as your excuse for binge eating.
    If you find you can't control yourself, go talk to a professional about your feelings of guilt and try to resolve them.
    Another idea might be for you to volunteer at a hospital or nursing home to visit with the elderly which is what I ultimately ended up doing for a period of time. It was a truly a rewarding experience.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your grandma! :(

Don't binge! It won't make you feel better after. I was a stress eater...but a quote that helped me through a lot is "Face your stuff, don't stuff your face!" It feels numb and good for 2 seconds.

If you have to eat, log everything so you have a clear mind when you get back on track.

Try go to the gym and do a great work out, then sleep...Hang in there!! <3
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been doing good so far. Went for a 30 min jog instead of eating everything in sight. I'm goin to hop on the treadmill every time I feel like I can't stop myself from eating. Soon I'll be to tired to think about over eating. Lol
    Still prolly not the healthiest choice, but it's gotta be better in the long run.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    **** happens. do what you need to get through it. when i lost my daughter i binge ate, i drank too much, i exercised, i smoked, almost quit my job, and yelled and screamed at my closest friends and family.

you'll work it out in your own way.
  • DanMason007
    DanMason007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of you lost, God be with you. For some reason each spring and summer I lose energy and dont seem to have the strength to work out. Then comes the fall and I am back at it. I have gain so much weight. But it is not over, I am back on track. I said that to say this, dont go down that road. You can do it, make her proud.