New and I'm tryna bulk

Options
Rynxrunner
Rynxrunner Posts: 2 Member
I am trying to bulk up and I need some good meals to eat, I was thinking about eating like tuna and avocados for lunch but I am not sure. For breakfast I'm thinking of maybe just some protein shakes. If anyone has any suggestions I am open

Replies

• Rynxrunner
    Rynxrunner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    plz someone help
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Your question is pretty generic, with little information for us to compose a reasoned response. But here goes:

"Bulking up" should be done slowly and intentionally. Whatever calorie needs you have to maintain your present weight, add another 250 per day. Could you gain muscle eating everything in sight? Sure, but it'd come with a lot of fat as well. Keep the increase small, keep the extra food mostly whole foods, keep the protein high (some standards call for as high as 1g protein per pound of bodyweight, but I've had good results with far less, about .6-.7 per pound).

Now, what foods specifically could work for bulking? You threw out the idea of a protein shake breakfast, tuna and avocado for lunch. Perfectly fine options, lots of protein and healthy fats. But without a ton of dedication, not really sustainable for the long haul of eating just that, every single day. What do you normally eat? Most foods can be used for bulking...salads, sandwiches, pasta, even burgers or pizza if you keep your calories under control.

If we have a better idea of where you're at now, height/weight and normal eating patterns, we can help guide any changes/additions you need to make.