Hey guys

Options
Hey guys! Quick question

I’ve been stuck at 11.3 for the past 4 weeks now…
Would I need to reduce my calorie intake or up my exercise?

I haven’t done anything differently…I’ve stuck to my calories and not overeaten apart from one week where I treated myself to a chip shop for tea :)
But the other 3 weeks I’ve stuck to my calories xx

Many thanks xx

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    You can do either. That being said, statically, *most* people may find it easier to reduce calories, as you're probably going to need another 250 calories worth of deficit... and if you're already exercising... well, that would quite a bit of exercise.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    I think most people here will say have patience and stick with it. My experience, my body, have a refeed day. Just one day where you eat 300 to 500 or so calories above usual goal. It usually shakes my body out of its rut. Patience would probably work, too, if I had any.
  • collinsje1
    collinsje1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted on these boards a lot, but I've been around for 10-11 months now. And I see you post a lot about stuff like this. 4 weeks isn't really that long of a time considering that you are female. I've seen in some of your previous post's others have suggested for you to start using a weight trending app..... libra or happy scale for example, they are super convenient to use and free, so it literally takes less than 20 seconds to log your weight. Have you done this? If you haven't you really should start. It will give you more data to base your decisions on logically.

However, to answer your question more directly. I think you need to give it another 2 weeks and then reevaluate, and make sure your food logging is 100% accounted for, I.E., track every bite you put in your mouth.

Anyway, I do see that you are really trying at this so just keep going. And don't let a stall in the loss stop you from continuing.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    Don't tell yourself you need to do new things. Just do the things you have already committed to doing as accurately as you can.

There are, be potentially beneficial, side effects to trying to log as accurately as you can. Not from recall but ahead of time or even contemporaneously. And it is easy, very easy, to slip a few things last the logging ledger.

Log accurately. Give it a couple of weeks. Compare your weight trend to your weight trend at the exact same point of your cycle a month ago. And only then see if you need to adjust.

It's not a contest to see who can eat and drink the least. The contest, in my opinion, should be about how you can consume the maximum amount of fulfilling calories (fulfilling having a variable and changing definition depending on how you view it) while still meeting your goal of moving your weight in the correct direction.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    collinsje1 wrote: »
    I haven't posted on these boards a lot, but I've been around for 10-11 months now. And I see you post a lot about stuff like this. 4 weeks isn't really that long of a time considering that you are female. I've seen in some of your previous post's others have suggested for you to start using a weight trending app..... libra or happy scale for example, they are super convenient to use and free, so it literally takes less than 20 seconds to log your weight. Have you done this? If you haven't you really should start. It will give you more data to base your decisions on logically.

However, to answer your question more directly. I think you need to give it another 2 weeks and then reevaluate, and make sure your food logging is 100% accounted for, I.E., track every bite you put in your mouth.

Anyway, I do see that you are really trying at this so just keep going. And don't let a stall in the loss stop you from continuing.

Hiiii
    I downloaded libra but it kept crashing on my phone…so I’ve seen a few people mention happy scale…so I’ve got that instead :) xx
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    happy scale for iphone. libra for android. trendweight.com for web.