Let’s lose weight together…

Replies

• RedBeautiNesha
    RedBeautiNesha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    I dont have any detox recipes, but I love celery juice, which is said to be a detox drink. I try to drink beet juice occasionally, because beets are not only supposed to detox, but also help lower blood pressure. I find the juice tastes better than actual beets, plus I don't have to cook, deal with red hands, red utensils, red stain in the sink, etc.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    In the past, I used a Greenstar to juice. While they gave me instant energy after consuming some, I decided if I was to 'juice', I'd rather use a Vitamix to make my juice (including all the fiber). I do like to do this, as it serves as a great, fast soup or if you make it with less liquid (a nice pick-me-up instead of a coffee in the afternoon) makes for a great sauce on meals too (adding spices to it).
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    What exactly are these detox drinks going to do OP?

Some people like fruit/ veg/ other ingredients juices or smoothies, and nothing wrong with that ( count the calories if you are calorie counting, of course) but they don't do any detoxing nor do you need them to.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    So true @lesdarts180. Unfortunately, where I live it's so heavily chlorinated it tastes horrible. So I do buy bottled, make tea and coffee. But I probably drink more juice than the average person, and I'm very aware of how easy it is to go over goal calories when drinking a lot of fruit juice, so I try to make my juice calories count.