Replies

• mariarose88
    mariarose88 Posts: 37
    Options
    bump!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    having never met a cookie i didn't like, I will definitely give these a try thanks!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Yummm will def be making these!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i make these alot.. the original recipe called for 2 ingredients ripe bananas and oats.. the riper they are ., the sweeter they will be.

some add ins i have used. they are versatle you can add any thing

nuts of any kind
    cocoa nibs
    dark choc
    cocoa powder
    craisens
    chia seeds
    goji berries
    blueberries
    apple pieces
    pb
    almond butter
    coconut flakes
    dates
    raisins

if you need a sweeter cookie you can use dates, brown sugar, agave, honey. whatever your sweetener is.i also use a dash of salt to tie my flavors together

i put them on parchment paper drop cookies. . they come out crispy and brown

so good for a snack.. or a breakfast cookie.
  • stacibal
    stacibal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Scott_Thomas_M
    Scott_Thomas_M Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually made these before? Maybe it's just me but 120~ calories for 1 cookie seems like a lot and waste that could be spent better filling yourself with other foods.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually made these before? Maybe it's just me but 120~ calories for 1 cookie seems like a lot and waste that could be spent better filling yourself with other foods.

It's just another way to eat your oatmeal and banana. with some peanut butter. Some people are in a hurry at breakfast time.

I don't think it seems like a lot of calories. I'm inclined to suspect I'd want 2.

Just written the recipe down. Will try it after supermarket shopping next week!
  • cherryblossomrose
    Options
    Bump
  • cavery23
    cavery23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump, sound great
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make but use the pb2 instead, that will reduce the calories. I love real peanut butter and I eat daily, but the pb2 is good for recipes and smoothies :)
  • katiedoerksen11
    katiedoerksen11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    omnom
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Will try these thanks !
  • Vernaleana
    Vernaleana Posts: 10
    Options
    Yummy ! Thank you!!
  • jabsmckee
    jabsmckee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Lovely - just put the oven on for a roast dinner, and decided to use the spare heat to make a version of these. I always keep ripe bananananannas in the freezer to use for baking, so I used one of those, the leftovers of a jar of peanut butter I'd bought in an Africn store, which was a little too sweet and sticky for my palate, and some oats. I also added oat bran, linseed, chopped apricots and some crushed nuts. And a slug of maple syrup.
  • honey_127
    honey_127 Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    bumpity yum yum bumpity yum yum