You are Wlcome.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump - Thanks !
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other fantastic food ideas? Would you consider starting/moderating a forum group on this topic?
  • DeanR321
    DeanR321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not trying to preach but just putting it out there as something to consider...

(ENDANGERED SPECIES) – More than half of the eight tuna species are endangered, three of them threatened with global extinction and two more close behind. High commercial value has lead to the overfishing of tuna, which will inevitably kill off the entire tuna population if nothing is done to stop it.

if you want sources just search for it you will find plenty of info.

But like I said your life your decisions.

Tuna is a widely fished species and yes they are not going to stop fishing it so if i dont eat it then i will be missing out and if it does become extinct then i would have missed out on eating tuna so when the fish ibecomes extinct then i will stop eating it
  • DeanR321
    Options
    Do you have any other fantastic food ideas? Would you consider starting/moderating a forum group on this topic?

i have never realy thought of it, i do a lot of reading online and reading bout cooking and nutrition workouts etc. and when i see a some thing thats worth sharing i put it together and share it on here when ive got the time but just keep an eye out as there will be more to come.
  • DeanR321
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! loving these ideas so I've printed them out to keep - thanks :)

You are more then welcome
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thank you.
    I needed something to allow me to eat tuna without the dreaded mayonaisse
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the long post. I am a pescatarian who's trying to eat a lot of protein. Some nice ideas here. Copy and pasted to my recipe book :-)
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow time and effort went into that list...:) Thanxs will try some of those :)
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    thanks...great ideas...passin it on
  • DeanR321
    Options
    Wish I liked tuna :sad:

ive never met a girl that does not like tuna, but as the saying goes there always a first lol :sad:
    you should try tuna and have it with one of these ideas that sounds the best for you and i am sure you will get to like it in the end. tuna is a great source of protein and has not 1 carb in it.

Calories 133 Sodium 431 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 265 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 0 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 31 g
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Bump
  • matthewsism
    Options

(ENDANGERED SPECIES) – More than half of the eight tuna species are endangered, three of them threatened with global extinction and two more close behind. High commercial value has lead to the overfishing of tuna, which will inevitably kill off the entire tuna population if nothing is done to stop it.

There is a lot of illegal tuna fishing going on, I dated a tuna fisherman for a while, driftnet fishing is illegal but it's being done and companies like starkist, chicken of the sea, bumblebee all buy tuna from the illegal driftnet fishers because it is so much cheaper. If you want to support sustainable fishing then look on the cans, it will tell you if it's sustainable. It's going to be more expensive but when you realize what the illegal driftnet fishing is doing to the sea, not only to tuna, so many other types of fish and creatures get caught in those nets and they are dead and thrown overboard because tuna fishers only get paid for tuna. It is an incredible waste. And it's heartbreaking. Our oceans are not invincible.

All that said, for pasta I like to get fresh chopped garlic and chillies going in a bit of olive oil and add tuna and fresh tomatoes. Spicy, delicious, and back in my drinking days a great hangover dish.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!! :)
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank you!!
  • matthewsism
    Options

Tuna is a widely fished species and yes they are not going to stop fishing it so if i dont eat it then i will be missing out and if it does become extinct then i would have missed out on eating tuna so when the fish ibecomes extinct then i will stop eating it

Oh damn. I liked your post but this slightly defensive attitude that shows a lack of consideration for other species is a real downer. I think it was correct for somebody to point out the fishing problems and the problems exist because of the people just don't give a **** about anybody but themselves and what they shove in their gobs. Your post about eating healthy has taken a turn for the worse I'm afraid.
  • DeanR321
    Options

There is a lot of illegal tuna fishing going on, I dated a tuna fisherman for a while, driftnet fishing is illegal but it's being done and companies like starkist, chicken of the sea, bumblebee all buy tuna from the illegal driftnet fishers because it is so much cheaper. If you want to support sustainable fishing then look on the cans, it will tell you if it's sustainable. It's going to be more expensive but when you realize what the illegal driftnet fishing is doing to the sea, not only to tuna, so many other types of fish and creatures get caught in those nets and they are dead and thrown overboard because tuna fishers only get paid for tuna. It is an incredible waste. And it's heartbreaking. Our oceans are not invincible.

All that said, for pasta I like to get fresh chopped garlic and chillies going in a bit of olive oil and add tuna and fresh tomatoes. Spicy, delicious, and back in my drinking days a great hangover dish.

The best way to buy Tuna and to know that they are not bought from these Driftnet users or illegal then buy t from the top companys like John west Tuna or Princes Tuna etc these will not buy it illegal

Thanks for you comment :smile:

Feel free to add me :drinker: :bigsmile: :smokin:
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Great ideas
  • DeanR321
    Options

Oh damn. I liked your post but this slightly defensive attitude that shows a lack of consideration for other species is a real downer. I think it was correct for somebody to point out the fishing problems and the problems exist because of the people just don't give a **** about anybody but themselves and what they shove in their gobs. Your post about eating healthy has taken a turn for the worse I'm afraid.

Its only a comment dont be offenced by it of course there is not going to be an extiction of tuna as this would be catastrophic to the enviriment and to more then just us humans as we are not the only thing that eat tuna most sea life do to and to be honest i think they will ban fishing for tuna if they realy think that the species is going to be extinct but untill then there will be tuna being sold every where as its 1 of the most fish that is fished today and yes its a shame
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It is polite to acknowledge your sources. Is there anything not from Men's Health?
This discussion has been closed.