Best Fitness Tracker

Options
Suggestions? I'm looking for a fitness tracker that does not require a subscription. I'd like all day tracking, heart rate, waterproof, good battery life.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin guy
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    I also like Garmin. The models without OLED screen have pretty decent battery life. Of course a super colourful always on screen uses more battery. I get about 9 days with activity tracking every day out of my Fenix 7s. Head over to dcrainmaker. He's got really good reviews of all the common models.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    I also have a Garmin, no subscription required. It doesn't require staying within Bluetooth range of one's phone all the time, but will link to the phone and upload data to the cloud when in proximity. There's a free app (Connect) for phone/tablet, and a Connect web site that enables more kinds of analysis and reporting (also free). It can connect with various 3rd party fitness and health apps, including MFP. (Some of those 3rd party apps have fees.)

I use the GPS on mine outdoors fairly often, and also link to my stationary bike, either of which tends to run the battery down a little quicker. Still, if I put it on the charger when I shower, I rarely have to charge it at other times (it charges pretty fast). Without charging, this model (Vivoactive 4) will go for maybe 2-3 days with normal daily workouts that involve the things I mentioned.

Garmins aren't the cheapest. There are cheaper brands, but if you want to sync to MFP, be sure to check whether the device is supported before you purchase.
  • Quronos
    Quronos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve been fortunate enough to have used Fitbit’s and an Apple Watch.

I found the Fitbit watches to be brilliant and the Apple Watch to be a problem.

Apple Watch has all the great features but I found that it often went on the fritz and hated being in water. I had one replaced under warranty and the replacement did the exact same thing months later. For me, I’d only buy a Fitbit for tracking but for now I’ve gone without a tracker altogether.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit inspire 3, which I love. I have had more expensive fitbits, but didn't need the functionality and the battery life was poor. It has a small colour screen. It can connect to my phone for GPS, although I tend to track walks through the app on my phone anyway. It tracks steps, sleep and activity like yoga, lifting, HIIT etc and that's my focus really. It will record lengths in the pool - generally I don't take my tracker off. Although it's waterproof my last one died in the sea - saltwater it seems is not good for it (despite what fitbit say!). You can also pick up msgs from your phone (no reply function which I don't need). My favourite button has to be the 'find my phone' as I'm always putting my phone in a coat pocket or bag and forgetting where it is!
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have a little knock off---it keeps a battery for about a week, does heart rate, time, and tracks steps. It was $25 bucks. No subscription. It's pretty water-resistant, but it may not be water proof. I have forgotten and washed dishes with it without issue.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Options
    loulee997 wrote: »
    I have a little knock off---it keeps a battery for about a week, does heart rate, time, and tracks steps. It was $25 bucks. No subscription. It's pretty water-resistant, but it may not be water proof. I have forgotten and washed dishes with it without issue.

What brand and where did you get it?
  • scavonedan
    scavonedan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Garmin 45 here and love it and it was pretty cheap and does all I need including water resistant. I used it Kayak and swimming in ocean and it did not die.