stretch Marks

Options
I feel like I have them everywhere. Sometimes they are kind of light and sometimes they are dark.
What's the easiest way to get rid of stretch marks?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    There really is no way to get rid of them (maybe surgery, not sure). They will get lighter and become less noticeable as time passes. Also keep in mind, they are more noticeable to you than they are to anyone else.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    They don't go away, they may fade to silver lines but you get to keep them for life. They're scars from skin being stretched.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is helping mine.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have them everywhere. Sometimes they are kind of light and sometimes they are dark.
    What's the easiest way to get rid of stretch marks?

They will lighten and become smaller over time. You can't lose them without surgery. There are new methods using lasers to make them thinner, but that's not even guaranteed to work. Stay hydrated and keep losing body fat and they'll become less and less noticeable.

They're battle scars. They're thick and red when you're at war and silver when the battle's won!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    The fortunate thing is that you are young - your skin will bounce back much more than someone who is much older, so the stretch marks won't be as noticeable. It does take time, though, so just keep your skin happy and moisturized, and not worry about how they look while you're still losing.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    They're thick and red when you're at war and silver when the battle's won!

I like that! I don't like my silvery stretch marks but they are a good reminder of what I did to myself.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm told vitamin E helps a whole lot & it's inexpensive. I've known lots of people who have used it topically and rave about it. :) good luck & congratulations!