Protein Shake???

Options
zekeharrigan
zekeharrigan Posts: 1 Member
I need a protein shake that I can easily make at home...It needs to not include protein powder and delicious! Any recipes?

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese or yogurt? Not a recipe, but a formula.
    Cottage cheese or yogurt(Greek or not, or skyr), milk of your choice, fruit of your choice (fresh or frozen preferred).
    Last night I used I cup low fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup almond milk, about 130 grams fresh pineapple. So good!
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I need a protein shake that I can easily make at home...It needs to not include protein powder and delicious! Any recipes?

You can just buy them. It is easier and if you coupon shop--at least reasonably affordable.

Premier tastes okay but the price is a bit higher.
    Aldi's grocery has an off brand, but a lot cheaper.

Not all of them taste good. Premier tastes decent. Not chalky.
    Haven't had the Aldi's one.

If you want to make your own, you can use a low carb flavored milk--they are usually high in protein 11 grams + for 8 ounces.

Vanilla Low-Carb milk, frozen berries, add in ground flaxseed or a nut butter, or add some yogurt. Blend.

The low carb milk comes in plain, vanilla, and chocolate. Tastes pretty good. HIgh protein. Low carb.

You can use it as a base. Add frozen fruit. Add some flax or peanut butter. Or if you don't like that taste or texture--just add a little yogurt as a thickner. Fat free yogurt has protein too. Add in a touch of vanilla extract. Blend. The frozen fruit will make it more like a frozen drink. The vanilla milk and the yogurt will give it creaminess. Greek Non Fat Vanilla Yogurt is about 70 calories and 8 grams of protein for a half a cup.

Want it more frozen? Less milk/yogurt.
    Want it more liquid? Keep the milk/yogurt but keep frozen low.
    • 6 ounces of low carb vanilla milk 40 calories, 8 -9 grams protein.
    • 2 ounces of fat free vanilla greek yogurt 50 calories 6 grams or so of protein.
    • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    • 1/4 cup blueberries
    • If you like Guava fruit--1 cup has 4 grams of protein.
    • You can also use cherries, raspberries, cocoa powder, or avocados to add protein. You can also use nut butters--but that taste is strong.

One warning about raspberries--once you puree them--you'll want to strain the before adding milks. Raspberry seeds are grainy.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1 Bottle Core Power chocolate
    1 Serving cottage cheese
    8 gr cocoa or cacao (optional, or can substitute a few drops of chocolate extract)
    Cup or two of ice

Blend to milkshake consistency and enjoy. 38-40gr protein.

I usually add a couple drops of peppermint extract, or if I’m flush with extra calories, a serving of peanut butter powder.

Core Power is a super filtered concentrated milk product. It does not include protein powder. Readily available on Amazon.