Galaxy watch 6 issues

Options
I have MFP premium. Bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 6. One of the main features I wanted was a way to log via a watch.

I noticed a couple of issues so far:
-Calories via Watch Complication doesn't update unless I tap it and it opens up into a Calorie display.
-log food: the food items available seems to be only like 5-10 items. The list does t seem to update based on what I've logged this week. How do I get this to change?

Also, I had to add 2 complications to my watch face. Calories and log food. It would be cool if you could click on the Calories complication to log food. The current functionality only allows you to log calories, but not food.

Best Answer

• mogulman1
    mogulman1 Posts: 17 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It does look like the first issue, updating complications on the watch face seems to be working if I sync the MFP phone app.

The second issue. It seems like the Wear OS/Galaxy watch app is showing the 10 most frequent food items. It would be good if it showed more, or if you could change it to Most Recent rather than most frequent.

Answers

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a Galaxy Watch thing, not an MFP thing. I don't imagine you're getting access to MFPs database via your watch...I've never heard of that being a thing. Samsung likely has it's own limited food database which is what you're accessing via your watch...that would be my guess anyway, similar to how Fitbit has it's own database that can be accessed via their watch.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 742 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for any inconvenience. As of November 2020, we have discontinued support for the MyFitnessPal Samsung Watch app. Our current integrations can be found here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps
  • mogulman1
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Apologies for any inconvenience. As of November 2020, we have discontinued support for the MyFitnessPal Samsung Watch app. Our current integrations can be found here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

I think that's incorrect. Samsung Galaxy watch 6 uses Wear OS. You just announced support for Wear OS a few weeks ago. Here is a support page linking to it. https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407940713869-Wear-OS-App

• mogulman1
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    That sounds like a Galaxy Watch thing, not an MFP thing. I don't imagine you're getting access to MFPs database via your watch...I've never heard of that being a thing. Samsung likely has it's own limited food database which is what you're accessing via your watch...that would be my guess anyway, similar to how Fitbit has it's own database that can be accessed via their watch.

Incorrect. There is a Wear OS MFP app that runs on the watch.
  • csplkr
    csplkr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Calories in watch complications dont sync unless i tap on them. Really annoying cause the wear OS support is the only reason i switched to MFP.