Opinions on this “healthy “ product

Options

Best Answers

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's a baked carrot "chip" from what I can tell. My guess is that it is being marketed as "healthy" because it's carrots instead of potato or tortilla or whatever. I wouldn't personally put this in the "healthy snack" category...more like tasty treat if you're into that kind of thing. Personally for the calories and provided nutrition there are a lot of other "treat" types of foods I'd rather indulge in. The most it really has going for it is a pretty good amount of fiber per serving...also quite a few calories for a measly 30g serving size (for which there is a warning).

We have similar products in the states that are marketed as "healthy" because they're some kind of vegetable chip instead of a potato chip...but really, they're pretty much the same thing and provide little in the way of actual nutrition.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If there's a package with nutritional information on it then you can bet your last dollar it's not going to say it's unhealthy. :D
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,109 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    61.71% fat
    Almost 0 protein.
    Way too many carbs for keto.
    What's the attraction?
    If the carrots taste so bad you have to cover them in that much fat to eat them, switch to green beans!
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I love vegetables so I can see the attraction for this kind of snack. If you like baked carrot chips, you could make your own in an oven or air fryer for a lot less calories. The ingredients in this package are just carrots, vegetable oil, and chile seasonings. My guess is this has the "excess calories" stamp on it due to the oil, which you could adjust or substitute with olive oil or spray.

I've baked cauliflower, carrots, and other root vegetables and also dehydrated fruits and vegetables to make snacks.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,860 Member
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Air fryer and a Mr Misto (available on Amazon).

I can make any number of delicious crispy veggie snacks with about 4 gr of olive oil for, say, 42 oz of fry-cut fresh potatoes.

Now I’m curious to try some crispy carrots. 🤔

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,860 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    And hey, no worries. Can’t tell you HOW MANY times I’ve fallen for the “healthY Snack” gambit even as an experienced calorie counter. They know how to ring your bells.

Answers