Health related! I don't have to go to the Endocrinologist for 3 months!

Options
My A1C went from 12.3 to 7.1. My glucose numbers are 150-170. This is much different than over 500 at the hospital. I had 5 viruses in my legs. Infection raises your glucose level considerably. I will be working hard to give up daily sugar.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations: Wishing you a continuing series of improvements as a reward for your hard work!

Health improvements are the best reward. :flowerforyou:
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That's really, really wonderful. Since high glucose makes it so hard to fight off infections because it basically feeds the bacteria, you will probably be feeling a lot better as you keep this under control.
  • mattbell007
    mattbell007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have heard that some cancers can only metabolize carbohydrates (or sugars), and treatments that include a no-carb/low-carb diet have been studied for their effect on cancer. I agree with Sand_Tiger that it could be true for some bacteria as well. After all, metabolizing fat takes more metabolic machinery than sugar, and bacteria are small and need to economize on that machinery.
  • Diana1019055
    Diana1019055 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! When I read your post I just had to say congratulations to you for such great news with many good things ahead! I've had a lot of health issues through the years myself and can relate to what this may mean for you. I imagine you will have more energy and just start feeling better! Good luck to you and wishing you continued success in keeping those numbers down and staying well!
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I saw my surgeon (Electrophysiologist) today. I need a PET scan to see if there is any inflammation around my heart. Good news! He will give me something for my anxiety and I may be entirely knocked out, which, I hope. No, I don’t want to be awake when he performs heart surgery and have conversations with him. He was passionate and loved his job. Plus, which I love, he has a sense of humor.
    Of course, I need to lose more weight. He informed me to walk 30 minutes 5 days a week. And, no surprise, I need to stay away from sugar. Someway I need to increase my mileage or pace and push through this hot mess.

I have a sleep disorder test coming up. I can’t wait to get an oxygen machine and stop being so tired all the time. My surgeon was hopeful that I could have a semi-normal life after heart and kidney failure. This was a huge relief! I can go in the ocean, swim aerobics, and dance after I heal. I miss dancing the most.

This was a blessing from God for sure. My guardian angels need a raise! LOL. Thank you all for your support. It has been rough at times; I am muddling my way through.
    The best part of the appointment. He put both hands on my 2 shoulders, “He told me that I was worth it—I believe him. Driving to the hospital there was a scenic fall scene and beautiful music playing in the car. The sun shone through the trees. Perfect day!
  • instiG8n
    instiG8n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great news! I can’t wait for you to get the CPAP machine. They make a huge difference. Good luck wiyh your goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!