Keto 90% Vegan Ideas Needed

Options
Hello! I have used My Fitness Pal off and on for a decade. Some recent serious health problems have threatened my life. So, I went to a functional medical doctor and he tested me and found 110 of the 150 foods tested trigger inflammation in my body. He put me on a Keto Vegan diet with the occasional animal products (he said 10%) while at the same time only eating the foods that don’t cause an inflammatory response. My fitness pal has been so helpful with balancing my macros for Keto! I am on the app all day long now! I am supposed to eat 80% fat 15% protein and 5% carbs. I feel like I am living off of MCT oil and cashew butter fat bombs, coconut cream prepared in my NinjaCreami, and avocados. A small bowl of popcorn with lots of KerryGold butter keeps me sane. Also, a small amount of spinach mixed with an avocado, hemp, chia, and flax seeds with liquid aminos and avocado oil. Yum! Cabbage with toasted sesame oil! Yum! But I miss fruits and vegetables in quantity. I can only have a little bit and stay within my carb limit so I have to drench my small salad in oil. I also have to eat gluten-free and limit my nut and seed intake because I start coughing if I eat too many. This diet is helping my health and prolonging my life but I need new ideas! I cannot have soy. I can eat pea protein powder, almonds, mushrooms, and pumpkin seeds. I have to take a bunch of minerals and drink 5L of water a day to stay hydrated. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for new recipes or snacks? 5% carb is tough! Thank you!
Tagged:

Replies

• Dwyndle
    Dwyndle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not sure which foods you can eat from an inflammation point and 5% carbs is not easy, but here are some ideas - chickpea falafel and/or hummus, homemade basil pesto (minus the parmesan), vegan cheese, shirataki noodles or rice which can be added to a broth made with mirin rice wine, veggie stock, garlic and ginger (there are recipes online) and add bok choy, mushrooms, nuri sheets and any other low carb veggies like spinach or broccoli. Cauliflower and cauli rice is always a favorite with low carb diets too.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Hope some of it helps :)

• Clim60
    Clim60 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use my Ninja creami a lot for just this kind of thing. So I would suggest to keep being creative. I made a frozen treat with pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and yogurt. It was amazing and had no added sugars so it was well within my calorie count.

I'm going to follow your lead and try adding nut butter to the next frozen treat I make.