Low carb cheesecake

Options
cariad71
cariad71 Posts: 8 Member
Hi, does anyone have a recipe for a low carb cheesecake that doesn’t use artificial sugars? I’d really like a baked cheesecake recipe. Thanks

Best Answer

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,611 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I do a burnt Basque cheesecake which is crustless. I use for 2-3 people 165g low far Philadelphia light, the same amount by weight of low fat yoghurt and 50g of sugar with one egg. Pour into appropriately sized spring form lined with baking paper and air fry or bake at 150 for about 30 minutes. Google for more traditional higher fat versions.

Answers

• cariad71
    cariad71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I’ll give it a try.
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I do a burnt Basque cheesecake which is crustless. I use for 2-3 people 165g low far Philadelphia light, the same amount by weight of low fat yoghurt and 50g of sugar with one egg. Pour into appropriately sized spring form lined with baking paper and air fry or bake at 150 for about 30 minutes. Google for more traditional higher fat versions.
    acpgee wrote: »
    cariad71 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone have a recipe for a low carb cheesecake that doesn’t use artificial sugars? I’d really like a baked cheesecake recipe. Thanks

Hi,

I haven't tried this one but my friend loves it.

***You can replace the sugar substitute with Monk Fruit. It's low-carb and sweet. You can also use Yacon syrup (root syrup). It will change the texture. You'll have to play with this as a replacement.

Keto Cheesecake (Award Winning Recipe!)

This keto cheesecake recipe is so rich and creamy, you won't believe it is low-carb! Made with just 5 main ingredients, it is so easy to make, even non-keto dieters will love it!

Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
    Cook Time 40 minutes minutes
    Total Time 45 minutes minutes
    Servings 12 servings
    Calories 192kcal

Ingredients
    For the crust
    • 2 1/2 cups keto cookie crumbs * See notes
    • 5/8 cup butter melted

For the cheesecake filling
    • 2 cups cream cheese softened and room temperature
    • 1 1/4 cups sour cream room temperature
    • 3 large eggs room temperature
    • 3/4 cup superfine sugar substitute I used erythritol ** See notes
    • 1 tbsp vanilla extract

Instructions
    • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
    • Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper or tin foil and set aside.
    • In a high-speed blender, add your keto peanut butter cookies and blend until a fine consistency. Measure out 2 1/2 cups and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix together until combined.
    • Transfer the cookie crust into the lined springform pan and use the back of a spoon to spread around the edges. Refrigerate the crust while you prepare the filling.
    • In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the cream cheese, sour cream, and superfine sugar substitute and blend until combined. Add the eggs, then the vanilla extract, and blend once more until fully incorporated.
    • Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and add the cheesecake filling into it. Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for an hour, or until the middle is mostly set.
    • Turn off the oven and open the oven door slightly. Allow the cheesecake to cool in it completely, before refrigerating for at least four hours, to firm up.

Notes

* The recipe used crushed keto peanut butter cookies. Almond butter cookies will work, or you may prefer to make a keto graham cracker crust.

** Superfine sugar substitute has a texture halfway between standard sugar and powdered (confectioners') sugar. I simply blend erythritol until it achieves that texture.

TO STORE: This dessert should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for at least one week.

TO FREEZE: Place leftover slices of the cheesecake in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure to thaw it completely before enjoying it.

Nutrition

Serving: 1serving
    Calories: 192 kcal

Carbohydrates: 6g

Protein: 5g
    Fat: 19g
    Sodium: 309mg
    Potassium: 154mg
    Fiber: 3g
    Vitamin A: 733IU
    Vitamin C: 1mg
    Calcium: 96mg
    Iron: 1mg

NET CARBS: 3g
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Many people use Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener with Allulose in things like cheesecake--as it is fairly close to real sugar and low carb.

BESTI brand: https://www.wholesomeyumfoods.com/shop/sweeteners/monk-fruit/monk-fruit-allulose-blend-powdered/

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    I forgot the 2 teaspoons of flour in my recipe, and optional vanilla extract. Here is a full fat version in a larger quantity to show what it should look like.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/burnt-basque-cheesecake