Toning up, eating healthier, & losing fat!

Options
Hello! I’ve always been a really skinny kid, but recently I’ve noticed that I’ve been putting on a lot of fat, especially in my stomach and lower back area. It’s made me lose some of my confidence, so I’m going in a fitness journey! I have been eating unhealthy lately and have been binging for over a year. I am trying not to snack, monitor my carbs, fats, & protein, and also trying to incorporate more workouts. I am an athlete, so I do get a good amount of cardio and weight room training, but it isn’t enough. I have created a workout split for myself to manage and log my workouts on! I am feeling very good and motivated about this new journey of my life!! Good luck to everyone on their health/ wellness journeys! 😘

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You know why and I hope you resolve the food issues because it's really difficult to outwork a poor diet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Well if you're a "kid" maybe give yourself a little break.

Your avatar looks like you're female.

If you're a teen, your body is going to go through huge changes as you mature and part of that will be a fuller belly, and hips/thighs. I went through a mini-panic in my teens when I was getting a more womanly figure. Try not to obsess over it!

If you're an athlete, why don't you ask your coach about nutrition. What you don't want to do is eat too little - that will affect your athletic performance.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    Well if you're a "kid" maybe give yourself a little break.

Your avatar looks like you're female.

If you're a teen, your body is going to go through huge changes as you mature and part of that will be a fuller belly, and hips/thighs. I went through a mini-panic in my teens when I was getting a more womanly figure. Try not to obsess over it!

If you're an athlete, why don't you ask your coach about nutrition. What you don't want to do is eat too little - that will affect your athletic performance.

Oh yes, and not to forget an organ in there that men don't have (the womb) and which of course also takes up space and needs extra padding for protection. A photo of a women without a small bump there is likely photoshopped.