New to IIFYM?

Options
I decided to start trying the IIFYM approach with my current calorie goal. I'd like to net 1350-1500 a day - I run a few miles 3x a week or so and am hoping to start some strength training, but that's it for now. I planned out my meals for tomorrow based on my general diet, and I'm way low on protein. My percentages are 35-35-30, 121 g carbs, 121 g protein, 46 g fats.

Can anyone help me out with food ideas that will help me meet those goals while also staying in my calorie range? I generally eat as follows:
Small breakfast - 150 - 250 calories
Mid morning snack - 60-150 calories
Lunch - 350-450 calories
Afternoon snack - 100-200 calories
Dinner - whatever's left for the day, generally 400-550 calories
Dessert - 50 - 150 calories

If you have any ideas that would fit into all of that (aside from nuts - I know they're great but I don't like them), I'd really appreciate it!

Replies

• dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    the whole point of iifym is that you eat whatever you want though?

your calorie distribution seems really regimented, i'm not sure what you're going to find that will fit your midmorning snack and dessert categories and be satisfying.

just eat some stuff! you'll need about 8 oz. meat plus dairy to hit your protein goal. the rest will likely just fill out around it.
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    It's not regimented on purpose. After a few months of tracking, this is generally how I eat and is the easiest way for me to get through the day. If I have a larger breakfast, I will be hungry around the same time and will be too hungry by lunch. So the midmorning snack is important. If I am too full after lunch, I am uncomfortable and tired. I get full pretty quickly and the smaller meals make it much better for me to get through the day. I get SUPER cranky certain times when I haven't had enough to eat (I think I have low blood sugar) so it's important for me to eat throughout the day rather than 3 larger meals. The dessert is just for fun when I have calories left at the end of the day!