Looking for Indoor Rowers/Ergers

Options
Hi. I'm Munirah, a 60 year old woman, living alone with my cat Gizmo! Anyone out there on myfitnesspal who also exercises regularly on an indoor rowing machine? I'm a Concept 2 rowerg enthusiast and am looking for people who count calories, use myfitnesspal and are avid rowers too! Let me know!

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm mostly an on-water rower, but turn to my Concept 2 RowErg and BikeErg when my local river gets crunchy.

I'm female, 68, been rowing since 2003, counting calories with MFP since 2015. I was obese (had been for a dozen years while rowing lots), lost to a healthy weight in 2015-16, have been in the healthy range for 7+ years since.

I've participated in a couple of in-person erg races, one instance of the World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints and some on-water races in various places. I'm not very active on the MFP friend side of things, more of a Community forum gal, I guess.

Are you doing the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge?
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    @smalatas - I'm not as active on myfitnesspal any longer (I've just been too busy and I've been in maintenance so many years I'm just on autopilot mode now). I do a ton of indoor rowing.

I would suggest, if you have a Facebook account, joining the C2CTC (Concept2 Cross Team Challenge) Group. It's a bunch of online folks that join different teams to both network, make friends, and also do a monthly challenge or two.

"The Diamonds" is, by far, the largest of the only groups. It's for 60 and over rowers only. Rod Chinn runs it. He's an online pal of mine (and one heck of a rower, holds tons of world records). You can say I referred you there. Mike Pfirrman. Someone on there will know who I am. I'm in "Sub 7", but I've not competed as much in the last few years as serious as I used to. I'm 59 and will likely join The Diamonds next year, as my times aren't competitive with those in my current club (who are a bunch of absolute beasts). One lady in my club is a 60 year old "lightweight" who holds most of the current number one rankings on Concept2.

Another way to meet people is on the Concept2 forums. They also have made their own online club called the "Forum Flyers". Any club you would join the people are delightful.