MEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options
The women here on MFP have a remarkably successful monthly thread. It's support, it's encouragement, it's motivation. This is of our own making. So, here we are, this is what we make of it.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options
    @CJDaniel7 @rileysowner How's this going to go?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, more men will start commenting. As for me, my December goal is to continue my workout program, to stick to my keto diet except for the few actual Christmas party days, and lose about 3-5 pounds in spite of the holiday eating.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    3-5 is a great goal for this month. I'm taking that on too.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    3-5 is a great goal for this month. I'm taking that on too.

I was a little higher than that in November, so I figure something similar in December should be achievable.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Well, there goes goal number one. I am working at replacing the fuel pump in my truck, and while working on it Thursday night I thought I had bruised myself in the rib area. Friday, I was doing my workout and discovered that bruise is actually a strain (muscle or ligament) which means all pushing exercises cause a great deal of pain. I am back at getting the fuel pump replaced, and I will try lifting again later today, but I am guessing my current workout will not work so it will either be lots of time on the exercise bike and/or treadmill or figuring out a way to lift around this injury.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Friday, I was doing my workout and discovered that bruise is actually a strain (muscle or ligament)

D'oh, sorry to hear that.

You know lately when I have had plans and the go awry I have been crumbling. It's not good. I am thinking I need more resilient and flexibility. My all or nothing planning isn't working well.

Again, sorry about your injury, and I am really hoping to hear how you make the best out of it.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Friday, I was doing my workout and discovered that bruise is actually a strain (muscle or ligament)

D'oh, sorry to hear that.

You know lately when I have had plans and the go awry I have been crumbling. It's not good. I am thinking I need more resilient and flexibility. My all or nothing planning isn't working well.

Again, sorry about your injury, and I am really hoping to hear how you make the best out of it.

I was spent most of the day working on getting the lock ring off the fuel tank to switch out the pump. I decided to try doing some bench presses with the empty bar late in the afternoon, and I could do them with only a twinge. I will take it day to day at this point. I didn't expect that much improvement.
  • rileysowner
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I am able to lift weights again without pain. I did my workout on Saturday and all felt good. My muscles are a little sore today, but once I get home from work I will do it again. My weight is down a couple of pounds as well. So far I am more or less on track to meet most of my goals for the month. Christmas is still coming though.
  • chris_in_cal
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hey, welcome back to the not-so-wounded world. I imagine it is good to get back to your healthy routine.

I'm deflated (not physically) I checked my weight yesterday, then compared it to last year - Dec 2022. I am down a half a pound. A win?

Have a Merry Christmas! 2024 is going to be GREAT!