Slow Progress

Options
Shuleran
Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
edited December 2023 in Motivation and Support
Hello ladies. I'm currently home recovering from knee surgery and unable to move around very much at all. I've been sticking to my calorie goal and continuing to try and eat well. I have been unable to weigh in five weeks because I couldn't stand on the scale. This morning my husband helped me to stand on the scale and subtracted the weight of my brace and I have lost 6 pounds. That brings me to a 46 pound loss since March. I'm doing it!!!! Thank you all for the continued support.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,212 Member
    Options
    That's great! Please do be careful about weight loss during the acute phase of healing, though: Healing (forming new tissue) requires calories as well as nutrition, so IMO supporting healing is a really important thing in these situations. I kept pursuing weight loss after a small surgery (laparascopic gallbladder removal). Fortunately, my body prioritized healing, but I got weak and fatigued. It took some time to get back to normal.

Congratulations on your 46 pound loss: That's an excellent, amazing accomplishment!
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, I agree about healing.I'm trying to eat healthy while I am stuck recovering but I am not trying to exercise to lose weight, I don't want to sit here and eat cookies and chips all day - but I sure would like to.do that rather than "real food"!!!
    Ten years ago I lost 60 pounds. It was very tough and took about a year. Shortly after I reached my goal my daughter was severely injured in a gymnastics accident. She had multiple surgeries and was out of school and doing physical therapy for a year. I was focused on her and neglected myself. I use food as comfort and that is exactly what I did. I gained all of the weight back and more. I'm just trying not to let that happen again. I'm proud of myself for holding on to my healthier eating habits despite the emotional stress that I am under while being immobile. Thank you again for your kind words! .